or Connect

Posts by DC Office Hack

Of course sneakers do go well with denim, but there are other better options for casual footwear.
For starters--and for adults who are not actually engaged in athletic activities--yes.But I'd start with Clarks DBs as a good budget casual option. Gustin, make us some killer desert boots. It can't be too difficult, since they're glued and not welted and generally are crude things. Think Clarks, just better made. In contrast, decent penny loafers are not easy to make...they require real craftsmen (go check out the Rancourt thread). I'm betting that desert boots don't...
Sneakers? Really? What are we, attending gym class? Gustin, aim higher.
Can anyone comment in the difference in fit with respect to the jeans versus the chinos?
There was a shoe day last year. I'm hoping there's one this year as well.
The day after might be a little better, but I bet the selection today is way better.
Emphasis on the "non-staple," and it's not that common. Today's sale is among the best. It's a good day to pull the trigger.Any word on what comes next in these "six days of giving"?
I just assume they don't carry wides, although I confess that I haven't asked. It is almost always the case that B & M operations only carry D fittings. I'll make some calls.
Ok guys, fit advice needed: I'm a 8E in one foot and a 7.5EE in the other. The shoes I wear are all over the place, size wise. Very last-dependent. Seeing as the 1000k only comes in a EEE, do I go for the D and count on the CXL to stretch as required? If so, 7.5D? I'd wear with thickish socks, but not full boot socks. These are for casual wear but not tackling the Appalachian Trail.
I prefer the leather on the cordovan Bean boot, but otherwise, no difference.