or Connect

Posts by Michael_A

Hi Guys, Looking for a boot (not chukkas though) in the Barrie last, in 12 C. Can't seem to find any regular retailers who carry the narrower widths.. To I have to wait for a pre-buy? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Michael
Guys, Now that we have winter for real in Boston with snow and slush, do any of you wear Alden boots with commando soles on a day-to-day basis? I have some kudu chukkas which are completely weather proof but I would like to wear something more appropriate for business casual during the winter. Thanks in advance, Michael
Naked & Famous has a lot of 37" inseam models ... call Jay at Blue Owl & he will set you up. Pretty sure he has some even longer. I am 6'6" and it's great. Michael
Dr. Huh ... I don't know if I ever ran across someone skinnier than me! At age 50, I feel that the best thing is to be comfortable with the body we received and I've reached that stage finally. For me physical fitness & skill in some sport has made a big difference. That and the tailor!
It's great that everyone is so concerned about OP's weight but he could also be completely fine. I am 6'6" and 160lbs which is exactly the same BMI as OP. I am in excellent health, work out almost every day, (2,000 meter swim 4x per week + gym 3x per week) and eat as much as I want. It's just that have a fast metabolism and not much body fat. I'm sure 100 years ago there would be a ton of people OP's size that were perfectly healthy and no one would be concerned - we've...
Hi guys, Just getting into raw denim with some N&F skinny guys. I love them but it will be months before they show any fading, etc. I am already interested in a higher-end brand and am wondering how anyone justifies owning more than one "new" pair at a time ... do you guys just rotate through the pairs you are currently into? Or just wear one at a time until they wear out? As you can see ... trying to justify additional expenditures!
Hi all, Selling my Alden 966 short wings, size 13C. Quite good condition .... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Short-Wing-Blucher-model-966-size-13C-/190648594953?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2c638ab209#ht_500wt_1134 Thanks, Michael
Hi Looks like you may know something helpful for us tall thin guys. I'm 6'6" and 165lbs, by the way. Tell me more about "I finally found some weavers to make me cashmere V-necks to go over the top," I would love custom sweaters! Michael
Hi, FYI one U.S. size is 1/3 of an inch. That should help with deciding how far to size down. But, from what I have read on these threads, the length is not so important as getting the widest part of your foot to correspond to the widest part of the shoe. Hope this helps.Michael
It has been done. I am 6'6" and 160 lbs and my tailor took an XL jacket that fit only in the sleeve length and transformed it into something that fit pretty good everywhere. There were at least 4 layers to adjust. Truly amazing. I don't know how he did it; but it is possible.