or Connect

Posts by LouisD

Hi guys, I ordered this Suitsupply Havana fit suit and could use some guidance. I haven't bought a suit since my high school grad so I really want to get this right.I opted for natural shoulders as I have pretty severe sloped shoulders. From the front things look pretty good. The jacket and sleeves are short but I'm 6 ft and wear a size 36. How I wish 36L existed. I would also need to let out the pants in the seat and thigh.My big problems are my forward shoulders and...
Has anyone tried requesting the sleeve be attached at an angle like Proper Cloth's "Tailored Shoulder"?
On my third shirt now, still needs a bit of tweaking, my posture and sloped uneven shoulders are kind of a nightmare. I'll definitely be writing a shirt-by-shirt guide for new customers once I dial in the perfect fit but until then could I get some pointers for my next one?Should my right shoulder slope be increased or decreased to get rid of the horizontal line? It's currently set at 1.25".Has anyone adjusted the sleeve pitch on their shirt? It looks like that's a problem...
I visited the Dayton factory a month ago and put together a full post HERE if anyone's interested.
Oh now I'll never be able to unsee that. One more question are the triple pleats around the cuff useful or are there less poofier options?
Just got my first shirt, Classic Blue Oxford with the Broke and Bespoke BD order #7921. Was on my doorstep in 8 days, amazing turnaround and I love the collar roll. Could I get some tips for my next fit? I was thinking shaving a bit off the bicep maybe widening the chest a little. The major issue would be the folds and pulling on my upper chest. I think I have sloped shoulders? Should I ask for anything specific?
The Fall 2011 catalog has dropped: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2011_falldigest After my first quick digital flip-through, Good things: -The Walden beefroll penny loafer is now offered in burgundy shell cordovan. Only other I've seen is made by Carmina (PG has a pair). Bad things: -Still no Mora (custom only, $450). But they released a dressier version of the Lubbock, the Norwich, to supplement the other single monk, the Boston -Independence collection is...
Every time I see my high school graduation photos from three years ago I cringe. Black rented notch lapel three-button tuxedo, black shirt, bright red ZIP-ON tie. *sigh* What little I knew then
Quote: Originally Posted by Desi So now that they have a new creative director what should be expected? Hopefully longer lengths on the blazers and suit jackets. The Thom Browne super-short-jacket influence present in Mr. Farrah's work was a bit heavy-handed and looked odd on my 6 foot frame. But they better keep the slim fit XS shirt sleeves long like they are now because they're the only shirts that fit me OTR.
My local Club Monaco has slim-fit polos on sale in various colors for $29.99 CAD (+20% student discount, if you look young enough and have an old student ID). I'm a 36R and the XS almost emphasized my skinniness TOO much.