or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

Totally misleading statistic. That is based on median price rather than price per square foot. Your San Fran luxury apartment is a Manhattan closet.
No, the best place for you to live is dressedwell.net, where I'm having the mods move your posts and profile right now. You can't just post this type of nonsense. http://LAGuy, http://diethreaddrift; handle this now!
^ unfortunately this thread has gone vastly off-topic and migrated into a discussion about what people wear on Wall Street. It's frustrating but I understand that no one wanted to engage Dieworkwear in a conversation about my problems with Neapolitan tailoring and so, as a deflection mechanism, the conversation turned to Wall Street and other matters unrelated to the purpose of this thread. So I get it. In any event, tomorrow morning I plan to get this thread - my...
Are you saying that the most CBD of environments are not actually CBD and that individuals are modifying CBD and expressing themselves in non-CBD ways? That seems dangerous unless someone can set parameters around their choices with some sort of coherent theory as to what modifications are and aren't acceptable. We need such a person.
you have now seen multiple posts that explain wall street in terms other than an "all suit environment" so we should dispense with that. And of course I have a theory. I just know you are going to be disappointed when you hear it so I'm trying to delay explaining it with pictures over time.
DWW these questions are all perfectly reasonable and that makes them incredibly frustrating. I feel look soon you are going to ask my why I didn't just post in the "what are you wearing today" thread. If I just come out and answer all your questions right now then it really takes away from the great things I have planned for this thread over the next three days. Are you really so impatient?Also, it feels like you are expecting some sort of logical connection among the...
Why do you keep trying to talk about spalla camicia before I'm ready? I said I would do that tomorrow. And why do you insist on ignoring the fact that "IM" in WSIMCBD means "Individually Modified"? DWW - I like you and I think you are a very, very useful contributor to this thread but I have to be honest: @#LAGuy has PM'd me just now to ask if he could transfer your posts and your profile to the Fedora Lounge. My response was "not yet" but you are reeeeeaaalllly pushing...
Well, because you don't get your bonus reduced for veering slightly off course in the way you dress. That would be absurd. You get to bend rules in ways that aren't offensive. You don't think people get to express themselves in a CBD environment? It isn't like I'm showing everyone the ugly-ass P-K-L on my forehead.
There is a pretty broad range of what is acceptable. I would say the i-bankers generally dress as you suggest, although there are some clients that are pretty casual and where those items would look out of place and the i-bankers adjust. I would say that the large law firms generally dress as you suggest but permit quite a bit of personal variation. I would say that the alternative investment firms have absolutely no rules outside of those who are marketing, and they...
The two aren't mutually exclusive, Caustic Man. What I mean is that the other things DWW mentions don't really seem to be drawing attention outside of the internet, although this tie is definitely getting some snickers. The tie is so loud that I probably forced the conclusion that I wanted a little bit (maybe if the tie had been equally ugly but less bright?). That being said, a pretty decent portion of my jackets are one-buttoned. Very few are peak lapel. And while...