or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

Here's Taub (all from his instagram and tumblr): Pretty incredible. The most unique to me is flat, set-in shoulder in the first pick. Those sleeves are so narrow and the armholes incredibly high. To me that looks incredibly natural. The silk double breasted screams "Edward Sexton", but on closer view you see the unique details like the double dart. And the unlined version in the last pick doesn't look like anything else that I've ever seen from Savile Row. ...
It is actually cream, not mustard. But I still think it will work when I give televised sermons to those yet to be saved.
I didn't mean to draw a narrow circle around savile row. If you have space there and use the term in your marketing without anyone throwing a fit then it seems to me that you fit the bill. I suppose that one might argue that they don't have their staff there, but lots of houses use outworkers. Maybe there is something to be said for paying the high rent, but again I thought steed had physical space there. In any event, I'd be interested in hearing why one chooses steed...
Lordsuperb you use a SR tailor. Let's hear about it.
^ ah thank you. He has more I believe but might be in a different color. Grunwald true style.
Do you mean among the general public or among a smaller subset of those who care about style? I think savile row definitely has name cachet among the gen pop, although my sense is that those who want to try bespoke are increasingly looking elsewhere.
Many of the savile row houses have their own calling card. For Huntsman it is the house tweeds. I suppose some might think of them as gimmicky but I love 'em. They are all milled at the ancient islay woollen mill in Scotland and I can't add much to what Huntsman says about it here: https://www.huntsmansavilerow.com/bespoke/your-choice-cut-and-cloth/huntsman-tweeds. The depth of these tweeds is incredible. They can look grey/brown from afar and lime green up close. ...
LAGuy - on the marketing point, my sense is that these are places that historically haven't wanted to do much marketing. Production is limited because they can only produce so many suits in a year, and most houses can basically fill their dance card with quarterly trips to New York. They've liked being insular clubs. That being said, it feels like that is changing a little bit with Instagram profiles and the ease of zero cost marketing.
I agree that the darts aren't an issue. Any front dart will do that. The purpose of that picture wasn't to highlight an issue as much as it was simply to show a feature of a huntsman coat. They have front darts and those darts manipulate the pattern. As for the stitching, it is below the lapel and visible to the naked eye. It also appears in the trousers. I can't think of a good reason for it and it's only on one of my suits so I believe it is an error.
Some notes on the details. The buttonholes are lovely. Not like those floating french jobs, but really nice. Your front dart with throw off your pattern, so if those things bother you take that into account. For me, it only becomes and eye sore at the pocket as show here: But some handwork is not so good. For example, why use white thread on a grey suit, particularly of some of the stitching is going to be evident in places visible to the naked eye? Seems like...