or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

An update. Huntsman is back in New York for their first visit in 2016, as well as their first visit (I believe) with Dario and Campbell as new co-head cutters. They've also taken space on 57th street where they now see clients. This was my first fitting with Dario, and based on a completely different patter. I'm pretty thrilled with the results so far. Dario's cut is true to the Huntsman style, perhaps a smidge shorter jacket and more flexibility in terms of what he...
Both long edges will incorporate live plus some straight cut combination to make the table suitable for a dining table. The ends will be straight cut. Some of the edges will be charred/blackened. I don't think we will use a tablecloth. The top is finished only with wax and natural oil and it will develop scratches and a patina over time, but I think that is part of the beauty.
Our final decision was to go with a raw edge single slab table in claro walnut. The table will be about 10 feet long and 3 inches thick. It is a little daunting to spend a whole bunch of money on a piece of wood without certainty as to what the final product will look like, but I have faith that it will turn out like the table below (other than the base, which will be completely different).
I don't really think that is much of a concern. None of these tailors is likely to sue SartoridiNapoli for suggesting that, when the wearer moves, the suit moves with him, sometimes in ways that produce folds in cloth. That is just the difference between a suit made of cloth and one made of armor.
If only there were a thread dedicated to talking about Luxire and members' experiences with it. It almost feels like there is an opportunity for profit there. Styleforum could offer brands the opportunity to have a dedicated thread where the discussion of clothing would be a thinly veiled cover for a giant advertisement. We could call them "related vendors", or something like that. I suppose that discussions of related vendors could still creep into other threads, and...
thank you
I don't know. Cifonelli says "half lined" sometimes and "partially lined" sometimes but english is not his native tongue and I'm sure he differentiates between the different partial linings in his jackets.
I was using the term "unlined" too loosely. This is what the interior will look like:
I was hoping to use it to fly as close as possible to the sun. And to test out its capacity for doing so by first using it as a summer jacket in nyc, partially lined. You would have been able to figure that out if not for the various thread drifts from Dopey between your post above and my posts that preceded it.
Another unfunny drift. Mods - can you please delete everything in this thread unrelated to my question about Harrison's Icarus?