or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

Why do you keep trying to talk about spalla camicia before I'm ready? I said I would do that tomorrow. And why do you insist on ignoring the fact that "IM" in WSIMCBD means "Individually Modified"? DWW - I like you and I think you are a very, very useful contributor to this thread but I have to be honest: @#LAGuy has PM'd me just now to ask if he could transfer your posts and your profile to the Fedora Lounge. My response was "not yet" but you are reeeeeaaalllly pushing...
Well, because you don't get your bonus reduced for veering slightly off course in the way you dress. That would be absurd. You get to bend rules in ways that aren't offensive. You don't think people get to express themselves in a CBD environment? It isn't like I'm showing everyone the ugly-ass P-K-L on my forehead.
There is a pretty broad range of what is acceptable. I would say the i-bankers generally dress as you suggest, although there are some clients that are pretty casual and where those items would look out of place and the i-bankers adjust. I would say that the large law firms generally dress as you suggest but permit quite a bit of personal variation. I would say that the alternative investment firms have absolutely no rules outside of those who are marketing, and they...
The two aren't mutually exclusive, Caustic Man. What I mean is that the other things DWW mentions don't really seem to be drawing attention outside of the internet, although this tie is definitely getting some snickers. The tie is so loud that I probably forced the conclusion that I wanted a little bit (maybe if the tie had been equally ugly but less bright?). That being said, a pretty decent portion of my jackets are one-buttoned. Very few are peak lapel. And while...
Finally a decent contribution to the thread from DWW.
ensemble
#Sprout2: Having children is my motivation for hiding my monogram. You should focus on the unique aspects of your life and decide what those say about a monogram in relation to your personal style, just like P-K-L did below.What I do should have no bearing. Don't you see? This thread isn't about doing what I do. This thread is about finding the unique aspects that make you who you are as an individual and expressing yourself through personal style in a way that I...
That's why I'm here. You need a celebrated Wall Street veteran to tell you what will and won't get your bonus reduced. And I have no interest in trying to determine what's appropriate for Wall Street. That's CBD.
Your socks have to match your trousers. This isn't the dandy thread. You don't want to lose your bonus.
Not quite DWW - although this is solid snark. Lord Superb is currently squarely within the confines of CBD and I don't see any attempt to apply his personal style in a way that expresses his likes and dislikes as an individual but also doesn't push it so far and remains tasteful enough so that he doesn't risk losing his bonus. I don't see Lord Superb as much as I see Squire Regular. A hidden monogram is a good way of moderating the potentially bonus-reducing desires to...