or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

I suppose that as long as the block pattern can be altered as much as one from scratch, then the difference can be reduced to the point that it no longer matters. I would have thought that starting from a set of measurements would be a better starting point as opposed to a block simply because the measurements will be closer, but if that block can be altered to get to the right point then the differences are greatly reduced.
I wonder whether it's creating a new pattern or just altering a BB block pattern. If the former, that is mind-bending. If the latter, then I'm sure it can turn out well but it still feels bounded by limitations that to me feel more like made to measure than bespoke.
Looks good although it sounds like the humans are taking the measurements. If there is going to be a human involved in any part of the process, I'd prefer to just let lorenzo Cifonelli do the whole thing. He is better at this than other people.
Ok. I will leave the straw man arguments at home because, to be frank, you seem pretty intimidating over the internet. Just be aware that the straw man arguments were my best foot forward, and all I've got left is mama jokes and complaints about your personal appearance.
I care about the technical process only to the extent I view it as making a better product. If there were some new Robotailor machine that computer generated a pattern and spit out a suit, I'd be skeptical of the results and reluctant to use it. But if I tried it and I thought it was better I'd never look back. I'm not sure what I'd call it, but I'd probably refer to it as something other than bespoke. Bespoke would refer to the handmade garbage produced by old men in...
^can you post pics of the charvet and one of those better fitting 70e shirts?
That sounds like a definition that one would use if he had a suit that fit those exact specifications and wanted to define it as bespoke. Some of those things matter and some are totally unimportant. And if you meet a tailor that insists ona certain number of fittings then you should run. The suit is done when it's right, be it two fittings or six.
I suppose I don't really care what you call it, but if you had the choice of getting measured by Brian or Richard, and the price is the same, I can't imagine how someone could chose Brian or could be indifferent. You'd have to think that there is nothing in the process of cutting that is improved by actually seeing the subject. You would have to think that pattern making is simply applying a set of numbers without any reference to an actual body. I don't think that is the...
It would appear that A&S follows the same process with cutters doing the fitting: http://www.anderson-sheppard.co.uk/thenotebook/the-importance-of-fittings/
My huntsman trousers were all cut by pat Murphy. They literally have his initials on them because he was the cutter. And of course he didn't make them. He is a cutter. He cuts the fabric. That doesn't mean he sews the pieces together. There are trousers makers and coat makers throughout the row. But they don't cut fabric. That is why I'm using the word "cutter".