or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

^ those look great. does someone in england save money by purchasing GG in sweden (which would be amazing) or did you buy from Skoaktiebolaget because they were able to get you what you wanted faster?
I don't know about wages but it isn't nearly as relevant to where a suit is produced as cost of labor would be. and in italy cost of labor is higher than in the uk. easy to confirm if you google. edit: even easier than I thought to confirm: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_PUBLIC/3-10042013-AP/EN/3-10042013-AP-EN.PDF
nah. not for making suits or for labor in general. italy is more expensive than the uk.
Really? Who is better than Taub?
I think Savile Row houses having robust ready-to-wear lines is a very good thing. In particular, it helps subsidize a costly bespoke operation that is likely otherwise untenable Mayfair right now. Grammerton Cleric - I would modify your list above. - Hermes has an enormous amount of bespoke. In the past, that bespoke has been a pass through to another Parisian bespoke operation (notably Cifonelli and Camps) but now everything is in-house and made in Pantin. It is...
I don't think Richard Anderson suits look very much like Huntsman at all (despite the fact that people on internet boards like to repeat "richard anderson is more Huntsman than Huntsman"). I don't know anything about KH&L and have never seen one of their suits so I can't comment, but I think that on the bespoke side most Huntsman clients have been pretty thrilled with the output since Pat has been there. Most of the complaints I've heard relate to the early 2000's and...
^Pat's not gone. He will be in NYC in 3 weeks. I don't know for sure whether the rumor about Peter that I posted above is true but I note that Johnny Allen is accompanying Pat on his next visit to NY. That would be odd if Peter is still at Huntsman as Pat and Peter typically do the east coast and Dario and Johnny the west. But I won't know for certain until they visit and I ask. As for the ready-to-wear, what might not come out in the pictures is that there has been a...
I'm at the same point with one of my jackets. The changes are slow (which is ok) and are not having much of an effect (which is not ok). I can't say whether it is a result of growth. My first order was in 2010 or 2011, and while I liked what they made there were definitely issues with consistency even at that time (I can show pictures of two jackets ordered and delivered at the same time which are very, very different from one another). I just stack it up to their...
I've tried that and still wasn't satisfied with the results. In my case, I'm not talking about minor inconsistencies in how things fit, but pretty significant stylistic aspects of the garment.
An update on the process of Duret. They don't accept credit cards, so non-Parisian clients have to wire euros just like with Passaggio Cravatte or Vass. Once they receive your trial belt and your wire transfer, details are confirmed in writing. Now for the waiting...