or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

^ I don't know anything about Frank's work other than by reputation. I agree on the Armoury, although it is a bit of a double-edged sword. I suppose that the end product matters most, but I've always found it odd that the guys from the armoury have to essentially do fittings for Ambrosi, and take measurements and pin trousers on his behalf. At that price, I would expect a sole author to see it through from start to finish: measure, cut, deliver. I find it unfathomable...
Not sure if this is directed at me but my experience is limited. I used David Reeves when he was at Duncan Quinn and it wasn't good, but that was a long time ago and I wouldn't form a view now based on it. Despos customers used to post here more frequently and I thought the work was impressive and the clients looked great although it wasn't for me stylistically.
Yes, drastically. That being said, as part of the price now you have the luxury of being able to deal with the armoury and knowing that if there is an issue they will fix it for you.
^examples please? In dollars, huntsman is priced significantly higher than Cifo. It isn't close. And neither charge as much for trousers as Ambrosi through the armoury in New York. So I'm not sure where you get your info but would love to hear examples.
Giant thread drift going on above but an interesting one. Sartodinapoli lacks nuance, and he isn't right, but there is a hint of truth to what he says. I've been a customer on the row for 10 years now with various houses and I would describe the work as...uneven. You can get some great stuff, but you can some garbage. Some houses stand behind their work and redo it until it's right, but others don't. Furthermore, it's incestuous. I left kilgour to get away from a cutter...
Darren Beaman?????? I can only advise that one use extreme caution before making an order and sending any money his way. And if you do, please ask him if he can send either my suit or my deposit back when he sends you the cloth. Its been about 10 or 11 years. It would be nice to have one or the other by now.
Thanks all. I'm going to try a 9 ounce wool from dormeuil to see how it does. If it's still too warm for summer I will get wear out of it anyway I suppose.
Yes, that of course is an option and I know it well. but I'm asking about pure wool, non fresco. Lightweight for New York City in the summer, particularly 7, 8, 9 ounces. I think Dopey's sufficiently answered the question though.
An eidos blend?
^ It is totally unhelpful because I'm asking about bespeaking a suit in a summer weight fabric for New York City. All of those suits are 11/12 ounce wool ready to wear suits. no one would dream of bespeaking an 11/12 ounce wool suit for that purpose. It would be absurd. and half of the suits in that thread are lined.