or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

^the wider lapel at Cifo is used one-button jackets. I assume it is simply the default for their one-button bespoke as all my one-button notch lapel jacketa have that wider -inch lapel as opposed to 3.5 inches for 2 roll 3.
^im not sure why you are taking it so personally. I'm just saying that you are ignorant and should stay out of the thread. It's good advice and should take it. As for meeting in person, I appreciate the offer but I think I'm going to pass. I don't think the in-person comparison would be particularly enjoyable for you.
^gambit50 - it's pretty hard to follow what you are trying to say, but also evident that you don't really understand what is going on at Cifonelli or anything about the brand. Sorry, but if you have no experience or knowledge maybe it's best to just stay out of the thread. Cifonelli has had RTW for years.
Some of the great tailoring houses of today will die, just like some of the great tailoring houses of the past have died. Cifo and Camps have now incorporated the remnants of others. You can easily find a list of the great Savile row houses of the 60s and many no longer exist. If rtw helps ensure the brand's survival then that is a very good thing for bespoke customers.
G&G: recent innovations include a new bespoke patina service and a trial shoe with a heel. In general, I think that they are selling bespoke with a low profit margin and the innovation and improvement, and the freedom to be creative and not worry about cost but only about what makes the product best, is funded by rtw. For Cifo, I'm very happy. But a successful rtw will undoubtedly lead to improvement. An easy example: someone else traveling with lorenzo and bringing 20...
Take a look at G&G for a good example of how a robust rtw program can help foster innovation and improvement on bespoke, despite a limited talent pool.
Pretty straightforward. It subsidizes and allows them to put more resources to work in bespoke.
I think it can only help the bespoke and I'm excited about it. Right now, they are basically at bespoke capacity and can't expand. RTW will hopefully increase their profits and let them put more money into everything, bespoke included.
My understanding is that Hermes has now brought all bespoke tailoring in-house and that it is done in Pantin.
^Yeah - that is the classic rookie mistake. Just sayin'. Anyway, I really like the shoes. I basically walked into the Armoury by chance and while I think I'd heard of Koji Suzuki on this board, I wasn't familiar with his work and didn't know who he was and I ended up ordering a pair. I saw a shoe from across the room and they were painfully beautiful and so obviously bespoke that I was actually a little taken aback to be seeing something like that sitting in my...