or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

^ that it is thought out, considered and the result of conscious decisions made by your boss's boss's boss's boss's boss, and intentionally developed to help the business make money. It doesn't matter if the guy working the counter at Starbucks would look better in a suit. At Starbucks, he should wear the uniform. It makes him do his job better. If everyone is casual and you show up in a suit and tie, then you are the guy without the uniform. There is a reason why casual...
Your colleagues aren't giving you a hard time. They are trying to gently tell you that your clothing choices are negatively affecting your image at work. You're lucky. In many industries you would have just been fired or written off completely. It is possible that will still happen to you (and likely that you've already put yourself in a pretty big hole). You seem to have a sense that you have a problem, but you don't know what it is. It isn't your clothing. Its that you...
^ i have that same anniversary tweed in the queue. Great stuff.
I am working on a bespoke shirt thread. It will not be very good but I have some disappointing shirts that I would like to display and I would also like to see undisappointing shirts from others. I am hoping to put it up soon.
^I'm not sure. I only use Huntsman (which sends both a cutter and someone from the front of the house) and Cifonelli (where Lorenzo comes alone). I think that while Richard Anderson (as in the house) makes several visits to New York per year, Richard Anderson (the individual) only comes for some of those visits. I assume that Brian (soon to be Peter Smith) comes for the rest, although that is pure hearsay on my part. Information that I have on the others is simply from...
Vicuna
Huntsman had one for a client on their most recent visit to the U.S. it was 10,000 pounds. It was really something. I asked about working with it and the cutter told me it was a pleasure and an incredible cloth to work with.
I think pure vicuna would cost you close to that for a blazer.
That list is much too short. Richard Anderson comes to NY. Huntsman brings Patrick Murphy, who is their head cutter. Lorenzo Cifonelli comes to NY 6 to 8 times a year. Roy Chittleborough and Joe Morgan come to New York. Allen Bennet is here regularly. That is just off the top of my head. Personally, I can't imagine spending thousands on a bespoke suit without meeting the cutter in person.
So CdL is refusing to alter one of their bespoke suits even though Cifo thinks the alterations are do-able? That is very surprising.