or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

Dressed for work in a navy suit, blue shirt and red tie:
Cifonelli for business in 13 oz H. Lesser Lumb's Golden Bale (31168)
Bumping an old thread to enable those who use search. For anyone considering Lamlana, I really like it. It's more texturally complex than moonbeam and the colors are much more varied. My jacket is in the following:
I think it's just an element of house style.
^ I'm not so sure. Here is another picture of the same suit that shows the poof: And here is another suit altogether that shows the poof: Maybe it only happens with certain movements but I want to like the way my suit looks even when I'm not standing still. Again - just me, but I flat don't like it.
Sure - its obviously personal preference. Although I'm not sure I agree on the "unique" aspect. The appearance created by Le Cigarette (if that is the aspect you are talking about) is pretty consistent with Savile Row roping on a Gieves & Hawkes suit by Davide Taub or a Chittleborough & Morgan Suit by Michael Browne or a Nutter/Sexton suit (even if the effect is caused by something very, very different the look is still similar). And the pagoda shoulder is done in italy...
There are tons of pictures of Guida suits on Torsten Grunwald's blog - the journal of style. The fits look fine to me if nothing special. As a stylistic matter, the poofy shoulders look ridiculous to me. I can't imagine anyone wearing them in a business context, but that's just a personal preference.
dng922 - thanks for all these posts. It appears that you are looking for advice on specific italian tailors. Just a word of advice - right now you are posting in the "unfunded liabilities" thread, which is generally about cloth. People here sometimes talk about tailors, but it is usually in relation to specific clothes or types of clothes rather than differentiating between various tailors. Based on your posts, I think your comments would be more suitable for the "I...
I agree with everything above but just to editorialize slightly: A Suitable Wardrobe: pretty much perfect, although it would be nice if they could post another article or two expounding on how to wear grey trousers. The old version with Will was clearly much better than the new version and whoever is doing it now, but I heard a rumor that there will be a searchable archive of the old stuff on the new site soon. Until then I will just leave my grey trousers in my closet....
^ W Bill lamlana is really nice as well.