Posts by Griffyndor

Jacket looks great. Would love to see more pics it and other C&M.
The new finmeresco book is amazing. The fabrics are a little bit like minnis fresco but not nearly as brittle. Can't remember if there is a black but the book is huge with tons of patterns and solids.
I've used both of the current co-head cutters at Huntsman (although when I used Campbell Carey he was at Kilgour, not Huntsman). Most of my Huntsman suits were cut by Pat Murphy, although he is now at Davies & Sons. The results with Pat were variable.
Nice goldfish.
Don't dissavow it! For all you know it could be the greatest suit I've ever owned! In all seriousness, yes, it was a Duncan Quinn suit but you owned the process and took control every step of the way. You acted as if you're name was on the suit and you owned it. I really appreciated that (it was a huge sum of money for me at the time and it was for a special event). And I thought you were incredibly knowledgeable and genuinely dedicated to making me happy. I'm not...
No - It was back when you were at Duncan Quinn before Reeves existed.
Actually David I'm very familiar with your background. I've used you for suits! I suppose you could be right. Everyone could be lying to me. Funny story - two years ago a friend in the fashion industry in New York did me a favor and got me two lengths of lumbs golden bale at her cost, direct from the distributor. I sent one to huntsman and one to Cifonelli. When I got the suits back I loved the cloth and makeup so much that I asked each tailor to make me a second pair of...
Huntsman doesn't mark up cloth. Cifonelli doesn't mark up cloth. I haven't checked with G&H, but I doubt they mark up cloth. I'd be surprised if any tailor that does it's books in pounds has been marking up cloth. It's been hard enough to get US customers to pay the tariff as is.
I see. I think most of the fabrics you listed would be i that category. Not sure about the Holland & Sherry - some of their books are expensive - but I think the others likely fall where you want or pretty close.
^ im not sure what you mean by entry level prices but fabric is passed through effectively at cost at the savile row (and other) houses that I've used. The books your quoting are all about as inexpensive as you are going to get, short of CMT.