or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

My view is that all the browns in the Lobb range are distinct enough from one another, and unique enough, that they make sense independently. I'm a sucker for the various Lobb browns, but check out the beautiful photos on the steps & style tumblr and I think you will see that what can look like a minor variation in a swatch really makes a tremendous difference on a whole shoe.
Croc penny loafer. Koji makes a beautiful one and the price for his croc is a bargain compared to other makers.
^check out fox flannel http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/776/flannel/370g-navy-prince-of-wales-check-fox-flannel
I'm talking about a bespoke shoe. You asked why anyone would spend multi $k shoes without knowing anything about them...anything about how they are put together or how that relates to objective quality...or even about feet in general, much less their own feet. My answer is that they don't look and feel the same. If your experience is that they do then I would suggest that you are buying the wrong multi thousand dollar pair of shoes.
This is wrong. I can assure that, if done correctly, it is easy to tell what distinguishes those two categories of shoes simply by wearing them for a day.
I buy multi thousand dollar shoesbecause they look and feel better. At least that is my experience. I'm curious - do you ever speak about things other than shoemaking? For example, do you ever discuss politics, or the weather, or books? You don't have to be an expert in something to express an opinion. And how do I gain the knowledge about shoes? Do I have to read all your posts or make a pair from beginning to end? What about the fact that I've worn them every day of...
The "product shots" are from Jimenez's blog. MW313 didn't take them. He just copied and pasted them here. And go ahead and ask if him if he got paid to post.
You've got it completely wrong. The boots took 450 hours to make. That doesn't mean that each of the 15 pairs he makes take as long. The time spent on the boots were presented as an extreme. Here is the real math: 15 pairs per year times 6000 euros equals 90000 euros. Median salary in Bordeaux is around 3000 euros per month.
I don't think it's BS. Jimenez suddenly has a pretty active social media presence and I don't think it's unusual for a bunch of clothing enthusiasts to take notice on a board about clothes and shoes. Maybe mw313 cross posted to a few too many threads but it's a pretty minor offense if an offense at all. And it's clearly not advertising in any sense of the word. But if you are offended you can simply move on to the next thread.
^ I don't think I have that one. I had a couple fabrics from LL labeled Agnelli but im certain that none was a glen check.