or Connect

Posts by agjiffy

W Bill donegal:
^ There's nothing funny about men's style. At least there isn't now that Sprout2 has ruined humor for everyone else on the board with his constant unfunny posts. I still have a little chuckle when all the same guys get the same fabric for the same bespoke suit, but even the joy I get from that has almost been completely muted since I know that it's just fodder for some bad Sprout2 joke that will be clumsily delivered with minimum effect. The only path left is to be deadly...
^ I personally think that the stripes on stripes isn't great, and that a solid shirt would look better (or even checks). It also looks like he is wearing some funny lapel pin that strikes me as costumey. But as I made abundantly clear in the other thread, no one on Wall Street gives a shit what you wear. They only care if you are good at your job and that you don't embarrass your firm. Furthermore, personal style is about being confident in what you wear and staying...
Ugh. Sprout2 - maybe it's time for a little break? You had a good dig at Dieworkwear about 150 posts ago, but since then it's back to unfunny jokes. I really like this new performance of yourself on the internet (1 out of 150 is a big improvement) but take a little time to practice the performance before posting and your hit rate is going to shoot right up! I promise!
If it's any consolation my pink jacket is much worse.
Yes, they do bespoke by walk-in. The cutters work there and there are always people to help you. I recall that some years ago a member posted about an experience where he had difficulty with the door at charvet, and was so put off by trying to get in that he wrote off the whole thing and left. You can probably search the board if you want to read about it. I've found that most doors can be opened with either a push or a pull, and the remainder generally revolve or are...
That's awful. Just horrendous.
No. Never.
To Charvet? I've tried a bunch of shirt makers: budd, napolisumisura, T&A, Hermes, Burgos, Chan, kiton and probably a few others over the past 15 years. The biggest differences in my view between charvet and the others I've used are (1) charvet works in tiny units of measure. They will make an incredibly small tweak if you want, and they view minor adjustments as important; (2) they are stylistically agnostic. Loose fit, trim fit, shorter sleeve, longer sleeve, whatever...