or Connect

Posts by thatguymj

Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 lol, sure pete ... ill give you some context. in the 20+ years i have been buying shirts the margielas are the most impressive. are there better dress shirts out there? of course but i dont own any ... yet. i pay special attention to how the shirt FITS ME. i prefer a dress shirt with a tapered bottom and narrow shoulders with longer sleeves (i have long arms). i also look pay attention to the feel and...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Obsessor Hello Denimheads: I will be visiting Self Edge and Blue in Green in NYC next month (June) to purchase my third pair of raw denim. My first two purchases were a pair of Jean Shop Rockers and a pair of APC Rescues. But I will be starting a new job in retail where I have been told that the dress code is "hip/sheik business casual," so I need a nice, new clean pair of raw denim that I will normally wear with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by quicksilverXP Ahh ok.... thanks guys... I won't worry about them then. It was the Bloomingdales in San Francisco... they were 30% off sale price, 20% off if you bought two pairs, and 25 dollars off for every 100 you spent. So I bought a pair of the Vintage Achilles in green/white and the Vans looking ones in black and white. Both size 42... I might only keep one... so I might sell one of them on here for how much I...
Quote: Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren not my usual background Looks like the Marina section of San Francisco....
Can I get some measurements on the ervell cardigan?
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty sup sq4u (jk bro) I thought of him too when I read that. Doesn't seem like he is like that at all, but still funny. The timberland one cracked me up, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by linkinwayne I went TTS on both my skinny guys but quite a few peeps on the N&F thread suggest sizing down 1 on those Thanks. Do you feel yours fit too big since you didn't size down? I read it in the NF thread that sizing down was recommended but I also remember reading tons about how sizing down 2 is common with APCs. I sized down 1 with my APC NS and they fit nice and snug but I can't imagine being able to...
Anyone know how much the "Skinny Guy" Indigo Slub Stretch with the 5% elastic will stretch? Thinking I'd probably have to size down one but I don't know since they are already the skinny guy... thx
Quote: Originally Posted by reezy Are they going to have an online shop? Guy that was working there seemed to be working on their website while I was there, so the answer might be yes. I will ask when I go back up there to pick up the ervell knit I decided I actually should have bought after I left.
Had heard about this place and went to check it out today. Think they opened about 2 weeks ago. It's a pretty small place on Market St down towards the castro but carries a bunch of "sf approved brands" like common projects (one of the few in SF and they had a few different colorways of the achilles), Patrick Evrell, BoO, W+H, and Norse Projects. They mentioned bringing in White Mountaineering and a few other lines in the near future as well. I've never got to check out...