or Connect

Posts by Bradford

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt That is a silly point of view if prevailing wages are being artificially held up by minimum wage and immigration laws. Better to do away with bad laws than to condemn businesses to failure, which will then take product off the market and make things either unavailable to, or more expensive for, the regular "working Americans" the point of view claims to look out for. Well considering that minimum wage in AZ...
Quote: Originally Posted by onion As far as I can tell every single person in the media seems to think this bill says verbatim that Police will now have the right to make stops on any Hispanic person they see, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and ask for their proof of citizenship.... even though that kind of action is explicitly prohibited in the bill. Honestly, I'm sort of in shock the way this story has been reported on so far. Not...
If your business model can't succeed by paying prevailing wages, then perhaps the problem is with your business model.
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" "I believe in the Church of Baseball" - Bull Durham "I'm 36 years old, I love my family, I love baseball, and I'm about to become a farmer. But until I heard the voice, I'd never done a crazy thing in my whole life." - Field of Dreams
So glad Gavin can find time to worry about Arizona. Not like he has anything else to do, like I don't know, monitor BART cops who shoot unarmed people on train platforms or take a look at the fact that 1 in 3 SF city employees make more than six figures.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Greg, you don't get it. Most of the policing in this country is done by local and state police forces. There are not enough federal resources to patrol the border effectively. We should praise Arizona. The citizens voted on a legal measure, it passed, and the state is enforcing the law. Plus, it is bringing national attention to a problem neglected by the federal government. Also, there is no evidence...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert how? they dont pay tax but they dont claim benefits they just provide cheap labour. sounds like pakastanis and philipinos in the middle east They may not claim benefits like unemployment, but they do utilize the emergency rooms for medical care, they send their kids to public schools and when they are involved in car accidents they are not insured and increase the insurance rates for legal drivers.
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah You were the one talking about giving law enforcement more credit. Incidents like this happen right now. I am not sure how you can argue that any legislation that gives them more cover won't lead to more incidents but I guess you've got your reasons for putting so much trust in government and others. Quote: Originally Posted by haganah The them are still officers. It doesn't mean the...
I kind of want to get a Bradford jersey and wear it to the next SF meetup! P.S. Did you hear that Tim Tebow is the most talked about white Bronco since OJ?
^^ Of course you do realize that this was done under the Federal laws that have been in effect for many years? The Arizona law has not even taken effect yet and won't until 90-days after the end of the current legislative session which is projected to be in May. Therefore all the whining about the Arizona law, accusations of racial profiling, fascism and threats of boycotts of Arizona should really be aimed at the Federal Government because Federal agents have been...