or Connect

Posts by Bradford

The news is reporting that the theater was a gun-free zone, so that would explain why no one was carrying. Just a couple of thoughts. 1. They are reporting that Holmes had a lot of this stuff delivered to his apartment. I wonder if it would make a difference if you had to physically purchase guns or ammo? Why should it be easier to get guns, ammunition, and explosives than it is for me to purchase Sudafed. 2. The common factor in all these shootings seems to be that all...
"The Paterno family issued a statement only hours later saying the statue's removal "does not serve the victims of Jerry Sandusky's horrible crimes" Neither did JoePa.
Just a hypothesis, but in addition to guns being easier to buy and use than explosives, which require some knowledge, has anyone considered that guns are perceived as being cooler? Has any film or TV show ever featured a "cool" bombmaker? But look at the way we glorify guns. For a mentally-unstable 20-something who wants to live out his fantasies of what he sees in the movies, what else would he choose?
Reports today the Board of Trustees has voted to take down the statue and it will be done this weekend. Hope its true.
I like these Canadian ones!
But what led him to that? For all we know at this point we should blame ComicCon and COSplay.
How about these new ones from New Balance? They look pretty cool... http://www.valetmag.com/style/products/2012/valet-advocates-new-balance-574-sneaker-071912.php?index1_top_lead
ABC has withdrawn its allegation that the shooter was a member of the Tea Party. What I'm curious about is how come no one is blaming Hollywood and other pop culture? Simply based on what he was wearing, I'm guessing he was trying to be like Bane or some other member of the League of Shadows. If people are going to jump to conclusions about blaming the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, or other political actors, then wouldn't it be equally as valid to blame Frank Miller, DC...
haha - actually we're going to keep our house in Phoenix for now. My wife and kids have been living there for the past three years while I've been working in Sacramento and we like the neighborhood.P.S. Foothills wasn't even around when I went to HS. I'm a Salpointe alum - Go Lancers!
I grew up in Tucson, moved to Phoenix when I was in my early 30's.My house is located in North Central Phoenix, near 7th Avenue and Glendale. However, I've worked all over the Valley and have spent a lot of time in Scottsdale both as a child and an adult.