or Connect

Posts by Bradford

Well its nice that you believe that, but there was a big report issued recently stating that despite his claims, Joe Paterno actually did know about the 1998 allegations. The investigators even cited e-mails and other correspondence to prove that Paterno knew.You may have heard of this report. It was done by the former director of the FBI, a guy named Louis Freeh.From Freeh's press conference...
The Freeh Report is pretty clear that Paterno knew of the 1998 investigation.
This was in 2001 right? Which means that Paterno already knew about the 1998 allegations. Even if nothing was proven in 1998 it should have been a warning and Paterno should have moved swiftly in 2001 when any allegation against Sandusky was made. The fact is that Paterno made the decision to do nothing on two occasions and purposely stopped further investigations.Paterno can burn in hell.
My point exactly. I'm not advocating for a ban on all guns and I actually support CCW, but there are limitations on the types of weapons that can be made in order to limit the damage from this type of violence.
I support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, but this whole attitude that's there's nothing we can do about gun violence just pisses me off. Gun violence is not some Act of Nature that we can't control. Restricting the availability of the tools (assault weapons, ammo, etc.) is a possibility and would cut down on violence. Yes, people will always kill if they want to, but I'd much rather take my chances with someone wielding a knife or even a pistol rather than a...
I was pulling for the death penalty, but on further reflection I think this is a pretty good solution. Hit them in the pocketbook where it hurts, plus take the program down a notch with the loss of scholarships and bowl eligibility, all the while allowing current players and recruits to transfer with no penalty. As for the vacating wins, good. Everyone knows the win title is why Paterno hung on so long, and it seems clear it was part of the reason why he covered up for...
Yeah, if this plus monetary sanctions are all the NCAA does, I will be disappointed.
I can't take credit for noticing the commonalities. @johndurant over on Twitter is making some good points about the common thread between all of these shooters being that they were emasculated, beta males who have been rejected by women. He's arguing that our society has devalued men and we have institutionalized a feminist mindset into our culture and educational system which devalues men and inhibits natural male behavior. His theory is that this causes some young men...
I was back about once a month if not more. Plus, my wife and kids came to Sacramento for two of the summers, one of the Christmas holidays and one Spring Break. Plus I took a week off each year at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the 4th of July. Amazingly I didn't miss any of my kid's birthdays during this past three years.I gotta say, California state workers get a ton of time off. During the past three years I have taken nearly 4-months in vacation time - and they wonder...
The news is reporting that the theater was a gun-free zone, so that would explain why no one was carrying. Just a couple of thoughts. 1. They are reporting that Holmes had a lot of this stuff delivered to his apartment. I wonder if it would make a difference if you had to physically purchase guns or ammo? Why should it be easier to get guns, ammunition, and explosives than it is for me to purchase Sudafed. 2. The common factor in all these shootings seems to be that all...