or Connect

Posts by Bradford

Interesting responses so far. I suppose the most coherent example I can think of regarding this question is the pre-Galileo teachings of the Catholic Church that the Sun orbited around the Earth. I'm not Biblically literate enough to know where this came from, but obviously it was a type of scientific belief that was promoted by the church. In current culture there are many Evangelical Chistian churches that believe in the inerrant truth of the Bible so that stuff like...
Are there any examples where the Bible or organized religion has been correct about a scientific matter? I'm totally serious because I can't think of any off the top of my head, but someone may be able to enlighten me.
The Governor's May Revise Budget comes out Monday morning which will tell us what type of cuts are coming. But yeah, the projected balanced budget was based on a lot of projections that were basically made-up numbers so it's no surprise its falling apart and this has actually been easy to see if you watch the monthly tax revenues reported by the State Controller.
I was like who's that old guy, then I went, crap it's me!
Well at least he's maintaining his US Citizenship unlike Eduardo Saverin who has moved to Singapore and renounced his. http://reason.com/blog/2012/05/11/facebook-co-founder-eduardo-saverin-beco
The other problem is that its not the regular state schools athletic association which would probably have rules covering this. It's the Charter School Athletic Association and I don't know when it started, but considering that 10-years ago in AZ very few charter schools even had sports, I think its relatively new so this is probably the first time something like this has happened.
People I know who are affiliated with Mesa Prep are mad because their kids didn't get the chance to win the title honestly. It cheapens the victory for them.
Another great story out of Arizona.
Which part is it where the Hooter's girl sits down at the table with me and asks what I'd like to order?
Honestly, I think its going to look weird to wear a raincoat when its not raining. Seems to me that if you just want a coat that is this length you should consider getting a Belstaff or a Barbour.