or Connect

Posts by Bradford

This just proves that the defense was right, you don't become a pedophile in your 50's. Sandusky had been doing it all along. I expect that more victims will begin to come forward as well.
I have yet to see mass protests or riots by the student body calling for the statue to come down in the way that they protested Paterno's firing. I've heard excuses from representatives of the athletic program about why the death penalty should not occur, and the latest I've heard from the trustees is simply a decision to remodel the locker room and shower area, so I would say that the clear evidence is that this message has yet to penetrate the psyche of the institution.
Sometimes you have to tear things down to rebuild them in the right manner. Yes, the specific individuals at Penn State are gone, but clearly the attitudes of the student, athletic department staff, coaches, and even the trustees have yet to change. The structure of the program is what allowed these incidents to be swept under the rug and the NCAA needs to send a strong message that it will never tolerate this behavior and that athletic programs, which should not be the...
I keep hearing people say that the NCAA shouldn't shut down the football program because it would hurt innocent kids and coaches who had nothing to do with the scandal. But that completely ignores the fact that the football program allowed Jerry Sandusky to rape and molest innocent kids even when that people in charge knew and should have done something. I don't often agree with Stephen A. Smith on ESPN, but he was arguing that we let the current players transfer...
And now the trustees have apparently decided to leave the statue of Paterno up and to renovate the locker rooms and showers where the assaults took place. Way to try and sweep this whole thing under the rug Penn State. I have even less respect for the University now and I hope the victims and their families see the institution and the responsible individuals for millions.
Penn State needs to tear down the statue and the NCAA needs to step in and use the Death Penalty. Penn State Football needs to go away for a few years. Yes, it's punishing kids who weren't involved, although I believe they will actually be able to transfer to other schools without delay, but really, is it that big a deal to tell some kids they won't have a football program, especially compared to what happened to the young boys who were victims of Jerry Sandusky (and I'm...
As many of you know, I have spent the past three years working in Sacramento while my wife and kids remained in Phoenix, so I'm excited to announce that I have accepted a new job in Scottsdale and will be moving back to Phoenix in a few weeks. Sacramento has been a nice experience and the job has been great, but I can't wait to be home with my wife and kids on a permanent basis. My new job will be similar to my current position with the State of California, however I'll...
All of the comments from Amendola and Sandusky's other lawyer were weird last night. I have to chalk it up to the fact that they probably knew their client was guilty and was going to get convicted, but you can't really say that on camera (although Amendola pretty much already had), and they really didn't know what to say. If they said anything too obvious about his guilt, he probably has grounds to get another lawyer and claim that he didn't get a proper defense, and if...
I thought it was Megan at the end of the bar and they were just playing the game of not knowing each other. I was actually trying to figure out the significance of the James Bond song as he walked to the bar. If it wasn't Megan, I think the scene was just telling us that Don is back on his game and everything is once again going his way, including random women finding him attractive.
Anyone got a hi-def version of the 5 partners standing in the new office space?