or Connect

Posts by offline100

Quote: Originally Posted by hugomano Seems odd to have brown shoes and gray suit, even if it is a light shade. I just don't get how you match a color that, if darkened, hits black. Brown, however is in the yellow to reddish range. Also, it looks weird to see gray and brown....it really bothers me. But black shoes and a gray suit with black buttons, nice contrast within the same color family....like Sean Connery in his bond days. Brown shoes maybe...
^ I should add that the specific H&S fabric is from their 'Summer Target' book (I presume they mean the UK summer, or 70F degrees, heh.) An H&S rep I talked to mirrored Patrick's enthusiasm for this collection and said it's quite popular.
I just went through this process a few weeks ago. I wanted a year-round weight too. Here's my thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=38272 with some input from Will. In the end I went for a somewhat expensive Holland & Sherry -- I figured it's a custom suit; even as a first draft it darn well better fit well, last me a while and be thought of as more central to my wardrobe than just some "test run." Anyways, most of the "my first chan" threads coming...
Welcome to the forum! I think some of the "contrarian" replies you've gotten above are because your query was framed so broadly. You essentially just asked "how do I dress well and appropriately," but in some sense that's the subject of every one of the hundreds of threads on this forum. There's no short answer, and you're not the first young bright-eyed i-banker intern to come by and start a thread like this. Like all newcomers to an internet community should, do a...
Just for a laugh I put a RLPL suit in my "shopping bag." It was already on sale at $3k from $4k. I typed in RL30 and indeed it slashed another $900!
^ Thanks -- I was just hoping there was something with a wider opening at the hem, without going more "baggy" at the top. (If anything, less baggy.) Hopefully 5EP, ES or R&B will give me something.
drizzt: They're indeed a bit roomy up top, and I don't know that they're done stretching (8 days wear). I think they're a great pair of jeans for what they are, but my search is for a pair an inch or two wider at the hem, so I can wear Chucks or some sleeker club type shoes without the clown effect.
Great looking three-piece man. The trousers are way too long, but that's easy to fix. I also feel like there's a touch too much material in the back below the collar. Maybe you're standing up straighter than you were when you were measured, or maybe you're right that you just have a bony back. Let Patrick look at it when you see him -- and make sure to stand with your normal posture. I don't think the arms look too slim. I think that's a good proportion for...
I could see it working with a really wrinkled up linen jacket. Maybe seersucker, but I wouldn't.
I just went through this search myself. I second the recommendation on the exact J.Crew pair posted above. I think it even comes in 7", 9" and maybe 11", depending on your height. Club Monaco has some good ones in navy, and gray. I got the navy. Gray didn't seem too summery. The RL ones really don't seem slimming around the bottom, although they taper well at the knee. Lacoste has some very clean and conservative ones in white, and tan. I may take my pair to the...