or Connect

Posts by offline100

Kronik you are one of the most obnoxious f*ktards on this forum. Please stop being belligerent to Will, whose posts are massively more informed, helpful and mature than your childlike combativeness. It's not his fault you can't do a simple search of the archives.
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy Not really, when you think about it. *My sole assumption would be that you have enough clothes to at least fill up a washing machine. If not, then yeah, you'll be doing laundry more often, simply because you run out of clothes before you fill up the machine. Edit: ok, there's a second assumption here - that by saying "I do laundry", you actually mean you are doing the laundry, and not giving them to somebody...
A good advocate should know that ad hominem attacks, profanity, conclusory statements, rhetorical questions and sarcasm carry no weight in a discussion in any forum devoted to the exchange of views on any topic. If you want to continue this discussion on its merits, feel free. Otherwise, to coin a phrase, "get outta here." So far you've added nothing except for a good joke about madras.
I have a large big toe (but a relatively narrow instep). It looks like that big toe box would be really comfortable. I may well have to visit Budapest soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 The norms of contract law require you to return to a vendor a suit, originally bought and sold in good faith, when you work out so much that your suit size changes in the interim? What on earth are you talking about? Nobody is being "ripped off" in the circumstances presented in this thread. And, by the way, the contract law remedy for being "ripped off" isn't to go and rip the other party off in...
AHarris -- top left in the very first picture = Vass? Those are the perfect jeans shoe IMO. I agree with drizzt, not only because my legs are kinda like his, but because you need a rugged 'country' last since jeans send a rugged cowboy kinda message.
Thanks for your input! #1: If your (rather improbable) hypothetical were true -- BB isn't to blame for hiring and failing to train an incompetent suit salesman who knows nothing about suits? And the $1k cost of their negligence properly falls to me, a customer who reasonably relied on the fitting assistance they purport to offer? #2 and #3: I think you've badly misread. The policy of all retailers is just to maximize sales, not to be either good or evil. Nor am I...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Not to go all preacher man on you, but people do bad things every day. I don't think we win by becoming like them. Totally a good point. I personally live by that rule with regard to social relations, family, etc. but feel I have to suspend it from time to time in purely material matters like money transactions, in order not to be exploited.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday No such thing as personal integrity, eh? When I was a student and had no idea of the proper fit of a suit, a BB salesman sold me an extraordinarily mal-fitting suit and another odd jacket, totalling over $1000. The "moral" thing to do in this situation would have been to tell me to go elsewhere, but obviously that salesman wanted to make a sale. I have other examples, but the BB one just seemed most...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 They might, but I'm not sure that's the most moral thing to do. Never let morality come into play when doing business with huge clothing corporations. They sure don't!