or Connect

Posts by kafziel

If you can't remove the collar stays, they leave marks on the collars when you iron them or take them to the cleaner. It doesn't matter what brand it is, or how well it's made. It's just a fact of life. Opinions vary on the subject, but I would never buy a shirt with sewn-in stays.
I appreciated the first guy's explanation of the company (and his clarification that the shirts do, in fact, have sewn-in collar stays, so I know I will never buy one). Could have done without the bullshit "I just bought three of these" guy, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Then you're wasteful. As are we all. Otherwise we'd go around wearing sackcloth and sandals. No matter what excuse we may have for it, spending $200 on a tie is wasteful. For the price of a couple of ties, you could support a child in Africa for a year. So if you're on Style Forum, you don't care all that much about starving children in Africa. Neither do I. Quote: Originally Posted...
Stop buying dress shoes and boots that are roughly a half size too large.
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn Guess you buy cheap ties then. No, I just don't get upset about replacing them once in a while. What's the sense of spending thousands of dollars on suits but balking at spending $100 on a new tie? Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn And since I don't buy trendy ties, I don't have to worry about them going out of style. Don't kid yourself. Everything goes out of...
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn You don't untie your tie when you take it off at night? If not, why not? I tie the ideal knot for each tie I have - different knots depending on the tie and how I plan to wear it - and then I don't have to tie it again. I might occasionally untie one for some reason, but assuming it was tied perfectly the first time and I tie it perfectly the second time (which I do), all the creases inside the knot will...
I loosen the tie a bit, slip it over my head, tighten it back up so the loop is the same size it will be when I put it back on, and hang it back in my closet.
Ah, I see what you mean. I think I'll hold off on trying this unless I hear from someone who has one and likes it. Thanks again!
Quote: Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup I have this Invicta and am quite happy with it. +1 I love Invicta. I have smallish wrists for a guy my size, but I get 2 links taken out and they're perfect. I have the Pro Diver and the Pro Diver with Swiss movement, and there's hardly a discernible difference except that the Swiss one costs about $200 more. Both look sharp, keep great time and the cheaper one (my everyday watch) has been through...
Quote: Originally Posted by Geezer No, not at all. You are supposed to do that after you get your post count up. :-)