or Connect

Posts by Merovius

This is probably the wrong place for this post. I see there is a "Recommend me X in my wardrobe" for SWD but I'm not seeing one for men's clothing. It seems most SF members swing more towards the British aesthetic when it comes to shoes. I prefer a lower profile, sleeker, beveled sole look and I'm more the type of guy that wears brown shoes with blue suits...but it's time for a new pair of black shoes for more formal occasions. I took a look at several shoe makers,...
Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. I see the big shoulders are coming back. not a fan. do like the lapels though. It also makes the material twist and fold around the bicep. Looks really bad.
Looking for two new pairs of kicks along these lines, one for dark raw jeans (black leather) ...the other for khakis or shorts on rare occasions (canvas or other material navy etc.) Ive had some great suggestions in the past so I'm eagerly awaiting replies. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the help guys. Im strongly considering these and these but am struggling to decide which size I should get. Ive been told that they will stretch one size but that they will also shrink 1-2 sizes with washing. Being that this is my first pair or raw/dry selvedge, Im also unsure of how to care for them. My understanding is they arent to be washed for months but Ive also heard talk of hot soaks (purpose?). My apologies if this discussion has been beaten to...
Fit question: What fits in these brands are similar to the Nudie Jeans Slim Jim cut? Naked and Famous APC Samurai Basically Im looking for a straight leg, mid rise Thanks
The leather jacket in question is 100% lambskin. My friend told me not to wear it in the slightest bit of rain as that will cause spotting. He also told me that I should treat it with some sort of topical ointment...he did not suggest a specific product. So I called the manufacturer and they said "typically we don't recommend any sort of treatment like waxes or oils....we just recommend you keep it hung on the hangar and in the bag provided." Yesterday we had...
Need a Spring Jacket, live in the city. Should I buy:
Quote: Originally Posted by bows1 I think Mall of America has a Flagship Julius store. Exactly, Im pretty much relegated to online shopping, hence my question. I lived in NY for some time and was pretty spoiled but cant justify the trip for a jacket lol. Anyway, this will be my first leather jacket purchase. Looking for a black, zippered sleeve, no buttons, understated jacket that I can wear to the club or to a semi formal event. Price point...
Pardon my nubness but is there a recommended one stop shop for Julius leathers, having a tough time finding them at e-stores online. Location - Minneapolis thnx
You subject yourself to anonymous flamers and public scrutiny whenever you post something on the intarwebz. This is not news. Im not the most fashionable person, hence my place here on styleforum but my initial reaction was to jest about trailer parks, Nascar and old Milwaukee due to the crudeness of these creations but apparently this takes skill. WV dude Id take some of the posted suggestions and look into working with different fabrics and materials to develop a...