or Connect

Posts by edeming

Feb. 17 NYC HARRIS TWEED FABRIC & FASHION PRESENTATION On Tuesday, February 17, the American Scottish Foundation will be making a presentation on Harris Tweed. The presentation will be made with the film producers and crew who are producing a documentary on the tweed. I was told that they will be filming some of the discussion at the evening, which will be in part on the specialty productions of one of the island's tweed mills. The same film group produced a three part...
Does anyone know of a shop that can make a belt and buckle for me using my own men's suiting fabric? Thanks. Ted Andrews
Can anyone recommend to me traditional men's clothing shops or custom shoemakers in Buenos Aires? I will be visiting Buenos Aires for the next ten days. Thanks. Ted Andrews
Can anyone recommend to me traditional men's clothing shops or custom shoemakers in Buenos Aires? I will be visiting Buenos Aires for the next ten days. Thanks. Ted Andrews
I am interested in purchasing a used yellow or gray Alan Flusser cross-over sweater in size medium. The cross-over sweater was sold by Alan Flusser about 1985 through many department stores. It has no sleeves, and a cableknit pattern on its front. The sweater has two buttons on either side of its bottom edge. The wearer buttons the sweater by pulling one side of the sweater over the other side, and buttoning it. The design is roughly similar to the front of a...
I have some Cardigan style sweaters that are too large for me. Has anyone had a satisfactory experience with a tailor or other craftsman who altered sweater? I would appreciate any recommendations about craftspeople who could do this work. Ted Andrews
I have some Cardigan style sweaters that are too large for me. Has anyone had a satisfactory experience with a tailor or other craftsman who altered sweater? I would appreciate any recommendations about craftspeople who could do this work. Ted Andrews
I am offering for sale at the actual cost of its production a guide to London men's clothing shops entitled "Ted Andrews' Gents Guide to London Clothing". These shops are mostly bespoke businesses, and include bespoke shoemakers and some men's vintage shops. The guide format is an easy to carry, fold-out pamphlet that includes a map showing tube stops. The map will be especially helpful to shoppers in covering a lot of ground very quickly. The guide includes some lesser...
The Sept. 28, 2004, NY Times published an article on men's style websites. The article contained a photo with the caption, "A website in Japan devoted to its owner's shoe and suit collection". Does anyone have the address of this website? Thanks. Ted Andrews