or Connect

Posts by ozzyboo

These Alden Color 8 shell cordovan longwings (Style #975) were resoled by B. Nelson Shoes in New York and have not been worn since re-soling. These shoes will therefore customize to your feet as your break them in. These long wings, which currently retail for $687, were purchased several years ago from The Alden Shop in NYC. When I had them resoled, I had them customized with an antique-edge trim (rather than the standard black) and protected the new double-oak leather...
These Alden 29333F suede shoes are a dark brown (chocolate) color, perfect for fall. These plain toe bluchers have a single oiled leather flex-welt sole that make them super comfortable and stylish. Size 8D in the Barrie last. Bought at the San Francisco Alden Shop and in very good condition, as shown in photos. $225 (current retail new is $508). The shoes come with the original box, shoe bags, and suede brush. Note: The Barrie last runs about a half-size larger than a...
These Aldens were bought at Leffot in NYC in May 2013. Retail price at that time was $486 (currently $510). I wore them throughout last summer, but haven't since. Size 8.5E. Here's the description from Leffot's website: "Alden’s 1493 chukka is the perfect spring and summer shoe. The bright snuff suede and dynamic natural edging are the perfect addition to the vibrant colors of the season. The unlined leather allows for one of the softest shoes you will find, as well as a...
These bluchers have a single leather oiled sole, which gives them a slimmer profile that then the more common double-soled version. I bought these from the Alden Shop in San Francisco in September 2012 and probably have worn them a dozen times. They are in excellent condition. The shoes come in the original box and include shoe bags. These shoes are size 8D on the Barrie last, which runs about 1/2 size larger for most people (I normally wear an 8.5). They have a leather...
Hi...sent private message.
Yes this. My #8 LWB had the same heel slip at first. Once I wore them a few times, the sole broke in and they fit perfect now. Maybe my favorite Alden. Wish I had gotten the Leffot version tough.
+ 1 B/S is just a mess
They always remind me of the shoes the cheerleaders wore in high school.
I was in J. Gilbert last week and Yenni said they are working on a saddle shoe...I remember it included a rarer shell (maybe No. 4). Wasn't paying much attention though as I'm not much for that style.
Thanks, I saw those too and thought the same thing until I realized they were on double leather soles. Wouldn't commando soles be better for that particular look? What do you think between captoe and PTB?