or Connect

Posts by jtatknox

Thanks, this is a very good video. I only wish it were a little closer in and slowed down. It did confirm my suspicions that the tie is at its full width at the knot. The more you know...
Good gentlemen of Style Forum, I come here to humbly ask for help. :ember: I picked up a beautiful 2" black bat wing bow tie that I intend to wear for New Years and have no previous experience tying a bow tie before. I've followed some pictorial instructions to get it tied and I feel that I have been able to get a bow tied that is the right width (about the width of my face) and fits around my neck. HOWEVER, I am worried that the narrower section of the bow tie that goes...
I have been wanting some charcoal to mid-grey flannel trousers for a couple of years and so have been watching eBay quite carefully. I found some PRL in my size, but was surprised to see they are 65% wool, 35% nylon. I have read on another thread here that 80/20 blends are good for warmth and durability in a winter coat, but 65/35 struck me as being almost as "polar fleece" as it is flannel wool. Soliciting opinions on where to go here and whether I should try a different...
What I think I look like in my cream harrington:What I actually look like: [[SPOILER]]
How is a $40k watch anything but ostentatious?
Timex Easy Reader and donate the balance to UNICEF.
I'm trying to find a great deal (graduate student) on the perfect summer suit. I'm looking for navy, linen blend and I'd like to be able to use the jacket as a separate. As a starting point, I was looking at this Indochino number (out of stock). http://www.indochino.com/product/Navy-Linen-Suit Good points: nice deep color slim cut narrow lapels well proportioned gorge for my taste linen/cotton blend contrast buttons OK w/ single vent Bad points: jacket collar fit seems...
This refers to a style of jacket that is considered classic American in cut. The 3/2 part means that it's a 3 button jacket but the top buttonhole is rolled forward to have more of the shape and gorge of a 2 button jacket. The sack part means that it is not form fitted. You might guess based on these attributes that the suit also has soft, natural shoulders without much roping going on.
Unfortunately there is no ideal weight for DC because it has the potential to be very cold and the guarantee of being murderously hot and humid. I see mugs walking around in Men's Warehouse 3 season suits all summer looking like they are going to have a stroke. My advice is to go light and get a good overcoat and focus on linen and tropical wool for summer.
I knew this was going to be another one of these posts before I even clicked the link. I'm new too, but I have to ask: 1. Do you ever use the search function? 2. Do you have anything to contribute? 3. Do you regard this community as a free "personal shopper" to tell you which posh brands you should throw your money at? You could improve this post and enrich the forum simply by doing a little research on your own, posting what you came up with for other people's benefit...