or Connect

Posts by jtatknox

I found an old post from shirt maven suggesting the following stores to check out in the 3 hours I have to kick around the garment district in NYC. I am looking into shirting fabric for CMT tailoring and want to get the best linen fabric i can for under $30/shirt. The other option is ordering direct from Acorn. Can anyone comment on what the shopping experience is like at any of these stores or if it is better to just order swatches direct from Acorn. I am looking for...
I just got my size 38 navy Barbour Beaufort back from Barbour USA (via Orvis) with a fresh coat of wax. It's about 2 lb heavier than when I sent it out. Condition: Excellent, no rips or tears inside or out, all snaps/zips work, no stains or stink (very very mild aroma for a Barbour, pretty close to new ones). The black cord facings are starting to see some wear, but nothing terrible. Measurements: Tagged 38, pit2pit:22", length from bottom of collar:30.5", sleeve from...
I bought this single Holland and Sherry button on eBay. Can I use it as the single button on my black tuxedo? Right now it has a single satin faced button.
You're absolutely right. I realize now I've been very narrow minded in my thinking. Does anyone know where I can get something similar to this, only that fit like hot pants with ultra-wide bell bottom flares? I am thinking Jackson 5. Classic and timeless!
I've got a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves that are losing their lining. The leather is beautiful and broken in, aging well. The gloves were not particularly fancy, maybe ~$80 US. Is it possible to have them re-lined for
I've been trying to keep an eye out for a pair of cream trousers to wear this summer with a style forum approved cut. I found this pair of Levi's in the 511 cut. After buying a pair, they are way less tight than the 511 Sta-prest re-issues that I tried on in the store and the waist seems to fit true to size. I would say they actually fit a bit more like 513s. Color is awesome. Any other suggestions? I've been keeping my eye out for a pair of similar Incotex chinolinos to...
As spring and summer are coming, would SF be interested in a bulk order through: http://ropeysoles.com/bulksales.php They charge the same amount shipping for each additional pair unless you work out some kind of bulk deal which is keeping me from buying the two pair that I would like.
Name pretty much describes it. I bought two pairs waist 31 and two pairs waist 32 and found the 32's fit better (true to size). As such, one pair of the two pairs I have available is shrink wrapped and the other has been tried on once. Bombproof khakis. Price includes PayPal and shipping.
Two jackets available, both are slim fit G4s, made in England, size 38. The navy jacket is a Project 137 (47/137) limited edition Millerain waxed cotton jacket. Worn twice. Excellent condition. Comes with Baracuta hanger and all hang tags. $200 $190 The khaki jacket is your standard G4 made in England. New with tags. $120 - SOLD All prices include shipping and PayPal to USA. Measurements: Khaki - SOLD P2P - 21.25" W - 20.5" Sleeve (from pit) - 20.5" Length (from...
Price includes shipping and PayPal.