or Connect

Posts by 2sweet

I did a little research on my own and found a brief guide to raw denim in the Dec. '06 issue of GQ magazine. 1. The APC Standard looks like a nice conservative jean. It looks to be a medium rise straight leg from the looks of it. 2. The Levi's matchstick look pretty nice too. 3. The Acne jeans look pretty similar to the matchsticks: low rise, straight leg. 4. The gilded age and dior homme's look pretty nice, too, although they are quite pricey. I usually...
Which shoe tree do you recommend at a good price? Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I used one of my pairs for the first time last night, in some size 9.5 AE bluchers. The trees just don't fill the shoes the way I like. The vamp is unsupported, and I don't think the leather is being held in shape properly. I have some trees from other makers I like much better. But hey, $10 trees. I can't complain too much. I'll use these in my lower-volume...
Banana's prices are all right. It's just that their clothes are generally not fitted.
I usually wear cotton dockers as my standard work pants. I am looking to upgrade to something nicer, like wool slacks which are slim fitting. No pleats. It seems like if I go to Banana Republic, their pants fit a bit too loose through the leg, and they're not really true to size, either, often fitting bigger than they're supposed to. So I'm looking for something which fits slimmer, are high quality and relatively low cost. 2!!!
Did the OP mean $19.90 shipped as opposed to $9.90 shipped? They are listed at $24.90 but there's a header reading that there's $5 off for overnight shipping. I'm a size 8, sometimes 8.5, depending on the shoe. Not sure which size to get. 2!!!!
I think the more excess fabric there is, the more likely this is to happen. The denim folds up on itself as as you sit, instead of it laying straight down in a line. I would think more fitted pants/jeans would help Quote: Originally Posted by AnUltimatum Hello all. I'm a tad new to the forum. I did a bit of looking around, and couldn't find a similar thread, but if one already exists, let me know so I can check out it's info. It could be just me,...
OP: the lighter (first pair) of sneaks you linked to look pretty sweet. $400 is a lot though. Nick M: I like the first pair of zappos shoes you linked to too. Those would be nice. The last pair look a little too wide and not very sleek. Quote: Originally Posted by Nick M I'd second this. You could try a pair of World Cup 66, Chile 62, nubuck Superstars, or Pro Models. (Just as a sample from Zappos.) Neither the Zegna nor the Prada strike me...
Fashionplates, I am looking for suggestions on some nice denim. I don't want to spend too much on clothes as I have other expenses I have to deal with. Grrr. I'm looking for some nice bootcut jeans, probably several pair in different washes, that are under $100 a piece. The jeans should be fairly slim as I have a medium/slim build. Please don't say: "buy pair x that retails for $300 for $99 on ebay." I am looking for jeans I can find easily at an actual retail cost...