or Connect

Posts by lantern

Dear all, Has anybody actually received any DC Lewis orders recently? I have a pair of Clayton's on order since January, and they have been delayed and delayed again. The last email I got from David was at the beginning of April, saying that the shoes would be in by the end of the month. April and May have come and gone and I didn't get a reply to any of 4 emails requesting an order update since then. Since I can't seem to be able to get an update from them, I was...
OP: Since you're in the Chicago area, I would highly recommend Morris & Sons, Chicago. They have high quality stuff and sell at competitive prices. $500-$1000 is their lower end, but it's all very good quality, sales staff are knowledgeable and their on-site alterations are very good and very reasonably priced. I got several suits there, and really like the place.
to get rid of piling, you could use the sweater stone from sweaterstone.com, but I found it doesn't work too well on really soft items. A simple disposable bic razor works well.
Well, I wear a fair bit of wool. I'm no expert, but from what I can tell, the piling is due to abrasion, and because of it, the denser the wool, the less likely to pile. Or at least that's what I think. Another important factor is washing - when the wool is wet it's even more susceptible to abrasion and hence piling. The best way to wash, IMHO, is to simply place the wool item flat on the (soapy) water in your tub, let it soak and sink, not doing anything to do. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bentley I think you'd be just as well off to stick with the beanie. It serves the purpose of keeping your head warm and I've seen guys pull the look off quite well. +1 A hat is not keeping your ears warm, and personally I don't like the look of ear muffs (alone or in combination with a hat). If you really want to wear a hat, you could try the contraption from hatcozy.com, which I think looks somewhat better...