or Connect

Posts by The King of Teeth

Dont know why Im wasting my time as well with this but I will leave with this: The reason you shouldn't do carbs late at night is because they spike insulin, which begins the fat storage and cessation of fat burning. That is NOT a state you want to be in all night as you sleep! Now granted as with anything there will be disagreement but the effect of carbs is pretty well researched. Having said that Ill concede that you posted some evidence that Ill certainly look at and...
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Same here, the ladies definitely notice when you're in better shape than the average street specimen. +111 Have done about 3 rounds of p90x and 2 rounds of insanity. Dropped about 38 pounds and body fat went from 23% to around 11%. 100 reps of biceps? You may as well jerk off - you will get a bigger pump.
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM Ignoring the fact that this is demonstrably incorrect, explain to me how someone on a hypocaloric or maintenance diet would gain weight, much less fat, by eating carbs at night? what if someone trains at night; is it still bad for them to eat at night? did the one Men's Health article you read before you became a nutritional guru not go into that much detail? Nah Brah!!My mens health subscription ran out...
brown shoes, brown belt, brown watch strap. black shoes, black belt, black watch strap. match your leathers and match your metal. silver buckle- silver watch gold buckle- gold watch. yeah the world wont blow up if they dont match but you will be one step closer to solving world peace if you do the above.
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM you can actually eat carbs until about 3:45pm GMT, but remember - they have to be clean carbs. The best way to ensure your carbs are clean is to bathe with them. This method is also good for cleaning your fats. I actually prefer a dishwasher to clean my carbs. More efficient. Id agree with the other poster- where does SF find you people. Probably a bunch of fatties eating twinkies hiding behind a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidus What is the most effective exercise for building abs? The only equipment I have is a pullup bar and I don't want to get anything else at the moment. I was going to do situps/crunches, but I'm reading that those are bad for your lower back. Can anyone comment on this? The p90x workout that you see advertised quite frequently has a great ab workout called Ab ripper x. Its basically 25 reps of 12 different...
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM what about during daylight savings? Hmm- during then- I would look to greenwich mean time for the proper protocol. Listen- you want abs to pop- cut down on carbs. Dont eliminate them but cut them down. Eat your carbs early, let your body burn em off and stick to lean protein in the evening and late afternoon. You dont agree? by all means post your own solution. But I sure you there is a six pack...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 where does sf find u people? Oh I dunno - the same place they find anyone else around here. Thanks for your post though. It was great. I really enjoyed it.
nice- stay motivated and keep going. I just went from about 220 to 200 in the last few months. The key is dont starve your self. You gotta eat and you gotta workout. Get that metabolism going and then slowly start cutting the diet and eating about 2000 calories a day. A few more pounds and Im at my marriage weight from 14 years ago. Now the issue is I gotta get all my clothes altered again as my new bespoke pants and suits (6 months old) are now loose! Worth it...
As is already stated, diet will do more to show off your abs then exercise. You should not work out abs more frequently than other muscle groups. They need time to recover like everything else. Eat clean, avoid carbs after 3:00. And work out weights 3 days a week, card 3 days a week and your abs will pop.