or Connect

Posts by Gipper40

You are right per those Monte millenium robustos in jars--I got stuck buying one in London and I just sampled another after 8 years of maturation and--guess what--it tasted like mowed grass clippings. What a disappointment! And this is after 8 years of perfect(Dunhill Keep) storage. Yet, I am in love with the Monty PETIT edmundo, a great smoke, as well as the partagas p2 torpedo and Punch monarch churchill(in tubes). Indeed, Siglo 6 is usually reliable and great, but...
I like the Round Robin at the Willard and the Reliable Source at the Hay Adams myself, or the Cosmos and National Press Club when I'm in town. But, I enjoy a cigar in Dc so that's the game changer--hence, the Patio outside the Round Robin or the garden at Cosmos(if you know someone) work if you have the craving for a smoke in the warmer months. Use to be the bartender at the Westin on Mass Ave(formerely the impressive Jockey Club) would look the other way when we lit...
agreed--she's nice,but expensive
Try the Apple Pan in West LA--- their cheeseburger w/ hickory sauce is delightful; another good spot in LA is Father's Office(Santa Monica, actually) for their superb roquefort burger. On the east coast , I still have a hankering for the burger at "21," but not for it's price tag. However, the burger at Louis's Lunch in New Haven, CT is a true marvel-- in fact,it's not even served on a bun, ( technically it's a sandwich )--but it's flavor is unique and magnificent --those...
Ian is both a friend and a purveyor--I cannot give him less than my highest recommendation. CK.
Cheesus: Then stick to the UVA look--crisp buttondowns and khakis and penny loafers. Silicon Valley VC's/ law firms etc are more forgiving than their Wall Street analogues. In the Valley, ideas and execution are of paramount importance and firms I know and deal with place a premium on the aforementioned rather than dress, with the background thought that this year's young VC or lawyer in Alden cordovans might dream up an idea on a f---n pizza box that can make them...
Bear in mind , gents, that the economy--especially the financial sector that includes 'Big Law" --has changed for the worse. In times like these, firms--indeed "Big Law" firms--are cutting back on everything from fresh flowers to hiring 2 nd year summers and full time, "fresh meat" associates. In fact, they are dispensing with partners who can't meet firm revenue "thresholds." That's because their I -banking clients have be ratcheted back, rather severely, on M and A,...
Ok, first off, congrats. If you landed a summer stint at S & C, Cravath, Wachtell --firms of that tier-- well done. If not, still, well done, for you got a summer job in the midst of a recession. And that was a serious statement--just ask one of your amigos down the path at the B-school who got an offer last fall from Bear Stearns. Which means that you have to work harder to get that offer at the end of the summer. A year ago, I would have given you different advice....
Kolnicsch Juchten in the orginal bottle today--yesterday, I tried my new scent, Bois 1920 patchoulie
I had some Moravian garlic soup in Prague that was simply fantastic, with the slight downside that your breath can ignite the next shuttle launch; a wild boar soup in Germany that was so rich and thick you could eat it with a fork - and use the leftover for plaster-of paris; and a chicken tortilla with cilantro right here in good 'ole Huntington Beach Calif. that will cure just about anything other than than the ebola virus