or Connect

Posts by llltronlll

My main take from this thread is 70% of W1k buyers have never owned a decent pair of dress shoes or boots.
Interesting... thanks guys!
Great, thanks for the response. I've never used Lexol... their normal conditioner I presume?You are incorrect, as was pointed out above.Well, I didnt think they were shell cordovan. I thought they were Dublin (I just transposed Essex with Dublin), which is vegetable tanned in a similar fashion to cordovan, although on a side hide (according to Horween). Hence why I thought I should care for them like a vegetable tanned cordovan, not a Chromexcel leather.I thought all...
Went to Horweens site, dont see any suggestion for what type of conditioner to use on the Essex leather on my Krause's. It seems to be a Shell Cordovan minus the shell, and side leather instead.... but I dont see anything recommending a conditioner for Shell Cordovan either. Any suggestions? Note: I am not going to Obenauf or Sno Seal these. I dont want to change the color, and they wont see very much inclement weather. This is what Alden recommends: ...
Cranes is incredibly informed, so listen to him. Thats obvious if you read the thread. That being said... In my opinion, you should size the boot for how you will use it. I am not using this boot like Crane, I am going to use it as a nice boot to wear around. I live in AZ and it wont see snow or rain, and pretty much only sidewalks. I dont need it to fit like a hiking boot, with a large toe box or some heel slip. I want it to fit like a dress shoe and the boot will...
Sure does. Was hoping for more opinions but no biggy.
Bump. Maybe I am missing it, but I see a lot of threads/talk on sizing of their mocs and boat shoes, but I cant find anything on boots. Do they true to size as per their website? Size down? Any consensus or opinions?
Its nicer than standard N&F, but they dont use the 15.7oz Zimbabwe denim. I had a pair I returned, as the front and rear rise *ARE NOT* the same as a N&F weird guy. The rear rise was a lot longer (ie: more than an inch), and the front rise was much shorter (ie: probably one inch). It didnt work for me.I am pretty sure I posted about it in this thread, and I might have listed actual measurements I took at the time. IIRC a 32, which I wear in N&F weird guys, was not...
I am new to the internetz, yo. I tried burnen mah denimz based on yo recommenditions, but now the are jorts. Any suggestions fo a nigga now? Im not really stylin in jorts yo, that shit is too hip for me. Thanks for providing no insight. I didnt know it was 1998 and lame one liners were funny on the internet. Step your trollin game up.
Spilled some gas on my jeans at the pump... I assume it was only a splash, I must have pulled the pump out too quickly and spilled some. Yeah yeah im an idiot, not happy about this, as I am usually pretty anal about making sure theres no extra gas in the line before I put the pump back, to prevent stupid situations such as this one. Anyway, I've only had this pair for 4 months or so, I hadn't washed them and dont wear them everyday, they dont even have much contrast at...