or Connect

Posts by Associate

I can sometimes tell when a woman has her period by smell...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim As for them being like "Wal-Mart", thats not really true, Dell makes very little margin on sales compared to their competition (or Wal-Mart). They've always been satisfied with taking less profit for the chance to do higher volume. It's not that their products are cheaper to produce than everyone elses', its just that they don't take as much of a slice out of the pie. Thats their business model. Average profit markup...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Wow, thats a shame coming from a company who built its customer base with better than industry average customer service. I know they haven't been a leader in that category for some time now, but they've always seemed... adequite. I thought they were like the wal-mart of computers - more efficient and able to deliver value to clients. I could never understand what made their customer service even "good",...
Quote: Originally Posted by Freerider To put it shortly: If you want the real thing, you shall choose Jacoform, not Ecco. Both were invented in 1970s in Denmark and became know as "health shoes". Today Ecco has become a boring brand, but Jacoform is still a star. This model is an icon DK. I thought design was a Danish strong point.
I have never been to an Olive Garden or any of the big chain fast food restaurants other than Mcdonalds a couple of times (with my 4 year old) becasue I am a snob. I wouldn't eat that food if it were free and zero calories. I've never been to a wal-mart. It's just completely off my radar. Dell - having been a loyal customer for many years (well, two computers in 10years) I will never buy a Dell product again becuase evey couple of months my laptop's screen turns...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Checks Top 5 real-world tips: 1. Move quickly when you walk down the hall, and always carry some papers, even if you're going to the bathroom. (courtesy TA, partner) 2. Pretend to schedule vacations, and then "cancel" them noisily, citing work obligations. (courtesy TM, "gunner" associate) 3. Park your car prominently near the front door on Saturday morning, leave an extra set of keys on your desk, and leave...
Getting back to the original questions, here are a few tips: 1) Pay mind to appearances. Dress slightly better than the other associates (not too hard usually). Try to get in before the partners and leave after, so you won't be seen coming and going (again, not too hard usually). 2) Let partners feel you're on top of things, keep them informed of status and progress, communicate, don't leave them in the dark. There's nothing they hate more. 3) Be formal and polite...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Yeah, that can be really annoying. Nothing like being in the office for 9 hours, fielding a barrage of short phone calls and emails, running between partners' offices (and being made to stand around outside each of their offices for 15 minutes while they finish up a "just one minute" phone call), feeling like you've been scrambling all day, and then trying to fill out your timesheet and being able to account for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Funny thing, I was watching Da Ali G Show last night and a bunch of jokes he did on the shows (as Borat) were rehashed in the movie Ex. Show: Sang kazakh national anthem to baseball crowd Movie: Sang Kazakh national anthem to rodeo crowd BTW, the "kazakh national anthem " is actually a chidren's song in Hebrew. Likewise, whenever Borat pretends to be speaking Kazakh he's actually speaking fluent...
Hi All, Please help me improve my Chan pattern in preparation for their upcoming visit to town. The suit is my first and only Chan to date, a 3-to-2 button made in 150's Claytom mid-gray. I'm generally happy, but what do I know... Having said that, I think that: 1. The shoulders can do with a little less padding or be less built-up. 2. The rear seems slightly longer than the front - maybe it's just my posture. 3. There's a wierd bunching up in the rear side of...