or Connect

Posts by bearback

anyone else curious why they sell cargo pants and even suggest pairing jackets with cargo pants in some of their models? are they trying to bring cargos into style??
yjeezle, not sure why you're not finding it but i clicked on your link and was able to find a 36S and was not grayed out.FYI, not sure if their sizing is a bit different but my chest measures 38 but they fit me in a 36S in the Napoli cut based on my shoulders. It fit great, including the chest. Maybe I have narrow shoulders? That same day I went to BB and tried on a 38S 1818 Milano (always been 38S) and it fit me well. Asked to try a 36S and it was way too small.
Here's the info for their MTM... I did the cheaper "Blue Line" which starts at $599http://us.suitsupply.com/blue-line-personal-tailoring/content-page-tailoring-blue-line-personal-tailoring,en_US,pg.htmlBTW in the store they tried to sell me on the more expensive MTM line when I couldn't find a suit in the color i wanted which was way above my budget without telling me they had a cheaper line which was slightly above my budget. I had to look it up on the website and come...
The one I looked at a couple months ago in the DC store I believe is the same one you saw. You are right, it's at $469 and is hard to find because it is a discontinued model.Can you post pics and have people comment on the shade?To be honest, I don't know what midnight blue is supposed to look like... I assumed it was very dark, darker than true navy... When I saw this midnight blue tux, I was surprised that it was not darker. It was darker than the "Blue" one they...
Saw that when I was at SS a couple months ago when it wasn't on the website. They told me it was discontinuedAnyways, it's way too light to be called midnight blue. SS's colors are off. Even the sales associate said a lot of "their" colors are "their" interpretation and by "their" I think he was implying the Dutch owners.For an example of their off colors, compare the Blue in the London fit vs the Navy in the Napoli fit. The "Blue" is darker than their "Navy" and the...
Thanks for the suggestion. I've actually checked it out already but have really been wanting shawl over peak. Trying to see if anyone else can recommend anything.Thinking about the shawl at Black Lapel. I've heard they're on par with SuitSupply in terms of quality. I own SS's cheaper MTM suit ($600) and am happy with it.I'm just wary of the Internet MTM because I'm worried about their definition of slim cut and am afraid ill have to send the thing back and forth a...
Just the trousers and jacket. I've got everything else from my old tux.
I need a tux for a black tie event in mid Oct of this year so I have a few months to scout a good deal. problem is, I want a slimmer cut one and a shawl collar. might consider peak since shawl is so hard to find but definitely not notched. those are the 2 things i care most about. other nice to haves would be ventless (could do side vents) and preferably besom pockets (although i could tuck the flaps in if it had them) for reference, i fit great in a 38S BB 1818...
fancy compared to what? I thought broguing meant more casual? In terms of AE, formality goes from Park Ave > 5th Ave > StrandBlack to tone them down? I thought the formality in color went Black > Dark Brown > Burgundy > Bourbon > Walnut
actually, they have a blue line MTM which only cost $600. I had to get a suit for my bros wedding and it required true navy. The Napoli fit me pretty well OTR at 469... maybe need to shorten the sleeves and obviously the pants which would cost, i dunno another $60, maybe more bc i think the Napoli has working buttonholes. The Napoli Navy is not a true navy but is lighter. The London Blue is pretty much True Navy but the London is much looser so I did the MTM which is...