or Connect

Posts by The Nino

Have you ever stayed at The Sukothai? One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.
You certainly told him! I doubt he'll post for another 10 years.
Maybe we can take the advice in this thread and make it a little more practical. I'll assume this is a nl cash home game being played for social reasons. Ranges A player who plays: 22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T4s+,94s+,84s+,74s+,64s+,54s,43s,A2o+,K2o+,Q5o+,J7o+,T7o+,97o+,86o+,76o,65o,54o Will be playing 65% of his starting hands If he plays : 22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J6s+,T6s+,96s+,86s+,76s,65s,54s,A2o+,K5o+,Q7o+,J7o+,T8o+,98o That's 50% of his starting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant Again- what has Sting done that is "pretentious"? Wrote Russians?
Quote: Originally Posted by alan . What Nino said is true because he highlighted some of the points that are particularly important in NL as compared to limit holdem, when making the transition. Implied odds is the most important concept that i find most struggle with. I think the first thing to do is figure out what implied odds you need to break even. An easy way to do this at the table is to subtract the pot odds from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer err ... position, pot odds, chip stack, should I continue? How can you understand implied odds if you don't understand pot odds? How can you understand ranges if you don't understand position and chip stacks? Yes please continue.
Hold em (especially no limit) boils down to 3 things. Ranges, folding equity and implied odds. TOP will give you an understanding of these concepts and lots of practice will help you apply them correctly.
I suggest that anyone who plays online and wants to improve get a program like Poker Tracker.
I pity all you hicks out in Indiana, cause here in Pennsylvania we've got all the culture anyone could possibly want. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvhC....blogspot.com/
Some classic cybersex chat http://blue-networks.net/text/cybersex.txt