or Connect

Posts by mikej77

Quote: Originally Posted by haganah This is such nonsense. Such absolute nonsense. And every time I read crap like this I get incensed that we support this government. 2 armed men followed him and tried to "rob" him. He clearly was not there only on business since the embassy sends a car immediately to rescue him. It is very clear he worked in security/espionage/etc. There are reports that the 2 men were actually working for Pakistan's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk I think it's pretty obvious this is a case of some trigger-happy, rampaging American. Violence against foreigners is unheard of Pakistan. You are correct...I almost forgot that.
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del Anyways, I agree about shoddy police work. Of the 2 most famous cases in Delhi, in one case a excavator was used to go through the drain where remains of over a dozen children were supposed to disposed of by the murdered. In the other, untrained lowest level cops totally ruined a crime scene and the media was allowed inside to film the whole thing. Yeah, I expect nothing less in Pakistan. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del There are pics floating around showing he had a official business visa . Dont know if that qualifies for diplomatic immunity Just noticed the pic. The Visa will only say official business. It's the passport that states whether he is a diplomat or not.
I would not put any faith into anything that Pakistani law enforcement is saying. Having been to Lahore, I can confirm that place is a lawless hellhole and I have no doubt this guy was getting robbed and defending himself. The local police are only saying it wasn't a robbery because one of the dead guys didn't have any bullets in the chamber, only in the magazine??? How they can use that to determine that they weren't pointing a gun at Davis is beyond me.
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del There are pics floating around showing he had a official business visa . Dont know if that qualifies for diplomatic immunity Yeah thats a tough one. If he had an actual Dip passport then he should be covered. Not sure about the Visa though.
I saw a report today that he does have a dip passport that was confirmed by the US Embassy. Even Pakistan keeps pushing the issue between their federal government and the Punjab province government.
His diplomatic status will be confirmed in the next week or two and he will be released and sent home. Pakistan is not going to risk all the aid money we provide them over an incident like this.
Quote: Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop your posts look like spam with its giant text links for stuff fs WTF???
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Thanks. Yes, they came from Vittorio, he is my official SP pusher. The deal was excellent. I highly recommend him. Mike I purchased a SP suit from Vittorio as well. Great transaction and love the soft shoulders in the suit.