or Connect

Posts by mikej77

Quote: Originally Posted by Rosenberg #1- i have tried it #2- i didnt completely dismiss it #3- you seem to be agreeing with me in some sort of argumentative form. i said it was better for strength and you could put on muscle, but it is not by any means an effective program for a competitive bodybuilder Very true, much different types of movements than what a bodybuilder would be trying to achieve.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rosenberg crossfit is good for your girlfriend. you could make a better argument for crossfit about strength, and maybe a small amount of muscle if you havent trained much, but not for bb at all. @ the volume discussion earlier- i think this is another area that has way too many factors to just say __amount of days is best. for the average person i think 6 days a week is high, especially if you have a hard time putting on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rosenberg crossfit is good for your girlfriend. you could make a better argument for crossfit about strength, and maybe a small amount of muscle if you havent trained much, but not for bb at all. @ the volume discussion earlier- i think this is another area that has way too many factors to just say __amount of days is best. for the average person i think 6 days a week is high, especially if you have a hard time putting on...
+1 on New Belgium, also Bear Republic is another good one. Dogfish Head is always good as well.
$32 for a hair styling product. That seems way overpriced and probably wont work any better than products that cost much less.
+1 on Great Lakes. Three Floyds Russian River Blue Mountain
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 in your defense, crossfit has been so bastardized, it is entirely possible that whatever version of it you're doing is building muscle. Exactly. Crossfit is no different than any other gym, you have to find a good facility. Crossfit gyms pay to use the name, you have to find one with coaches who actually have solid backgrounds in things like olympic lifting, as opposed to someone who simply went to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by dmash1080 for building muscle crossfit is awful. No ifs ands or buts. Have to disagree with you there. I think diet plays a huge role in building muscle. I have decreased my bodyfat and built muscle with crossfit. We do lots of olympic and powerlifting at my gym.
Different strokes for different folks...crossfit has worked very well for me.
If you have trouble making up a program, try crossfit.