or Connect

Posts by WhippingBoy

Shoes - You are in luck, its sale time at C&J and probably most of the other shoe shops on Jermyn street. You should be able to pick up something for about £250. You may also want to try John Rushton Shoes. He is a lovely guy and should be able to sell you a pair of good quality shoes for less than £200. Online, Herring shoes might also be a good place to get a bargain Shirts - My personal favourite here is Stephan Shirts on Moore Park Road. Erlend, who runs the...
All, I have suits from both Sims and GB. Both are good operations. I think Chopin and Lodge is an off shoot of GB, it was recently described by Simon Crompton of Permanent Style as 'the travelling arm of GB. Sims has changed quite a bit since I last went to see them. David Auton has retired, Celia has indeed moved on to join Hitchcock Jnr (shame really because she was very good). Jon Gowdy is still there and I think he has drafted in Clive Pythian and son to cut. ...
Wraith you really are patronizing Its none of your business which tailor Ashlaws should go or why Ashlaws has clearly done what any sensible well informed customer should do, he has spoken to several London tailors, both on and off the row, and made an informed choice based on their response. I have spoken to Masanori at Connocks in the past and found him to be very approachable. I have no experience of the others, Although Thom Sweeney gets a few write ups on...
All, I feel I should say something here. Simply because I was the first person to alert this forum to Elizabeth, around 12 months ago. Rigthly or wrongly I did not seek her permission to post about her and to the best of my knowledge she has no idea who I am, I have never spoken to her about my postings nor would I wish to. This way I am treated like any other customer and her work stands on its own merits (no Simon Cromptons here!). I suspect that this and other...
I was walking past their shop yesterday on Windmill street and they are no longer there Seems the landlord has revoked the lease Anyone know what has happened to them?
Deja Vu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.styleforum.net/t/225788/saville-row-suit
Ok Folks, The Wraith is wrong in this instance. The best deal for a MTM/Semi Bespoke suit in London is. without question, my newest find, Elizabeth Radcliffe She cuts them herself, and sews most of the garment herself. they are fully canvassed and you will get several fittings. The parts she contracts out are done in London! Elizabeth is ex Edward Sexton. Price kicks off at about £800 Her bespoke is even better, she does EVERYTHING herself. Not a Chinaman or Banker...
Another one to try is Gary McCarthy He works out of John Rushton Shoes, he has made John's shirts for years http://www.mccarthyshirts.co.uk/ Another point. Make sure all those who you go too will happily replace the collar and cuffs when they fray.
You might also want to try Frank Foster http://www.frankfostershirts.com/
A couple you might want to try. Nino's on Brewer Street Soho. The other one is a new find of mine Elizabeth Radcliffe. She is ex Edward Sexton both her bespoke and MTM suits are fully canvassed and she cuts them all herself. I think the only difference is with Bespoke suits she does all the fittings and tailoring herself With MTM suits she sends the tailoring out but she cuts herself With shirts I think she cuts herself but again send the tailoring...