or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Is there anything that doesn't violate Islam? Sweet Jesus, they have more stupid laws than Leviticus. I dunno, I think it might be a few less. I've meet some pretty crazy-ass Muslims, but the really hard-core Jews(of which there are far fewer than any particular sect of Islam) are a world unto themselves. I've never seen a Muslim hire a goy to turn the stove on for him, or have an automatic...
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik And a gallon of milk is like $8. There is actually a good NYTimes piece about Hawaii's healthcare system just last week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't high prices on Hawaii have to do with the cost of importing everything that isn't sugarcane, pineapple and nubile surfers? I have a friend who grew up on the Martha's Vineyard, and everything is expensive as fuck there. Even basic things like...
Quote: Originally Posted by oneeightyseven I was going to pay 60k cash for a car, but the insurance was a little too ridiculous at 8000 a year. I dont know how often this is the case, but don't discount him solely on that basis. I'm proof that it does happen. Oh yeah, I'm 19 btw. Do you run a business, maybe like e-tailing or something? Or did you invent something cool? I'm genuinely curious how one ends up with 60-70K cash on hand @19.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel Well, from reading your quotes, just seems like another "crazy Christians" shpiel. It's a bit more complicated than that. Although there is a fair amount of Jesusfreakery within, as well.
I'm not sure it's a racism thing, as much as a retarded conservative old people thing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/ma...agewanted=1&em Quote: This is how history is made "” or rather, how the hue and cry of the present and near past gets lodged into the long-term cultural memory or else is allowed to quietly fade into an inaudible whisper. Public education has always been a battleground between cultural forces; one reason that Texas' school-board members find themselves at the very center of the battlefield is, not surprisingly, money....
Haha, my Indian(ok, Bangladeshi) girl met the guy her parents had 'picked' and told him and them to fuck off. We're still together, and now I go over to their house for dinner quite frequently, although I still can't come along to any of their "society" events. Took a while though, although the ducking behind fences and running out the back door stuff was fun while it lasted....there's something about dating a girl you're not supposed to that adds a little bit of adventure.
On judicial app'ts., 2006: Quote: And the rubber really meets the road with questions like this one asked in a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll taken 10 days ago: "Suppose all or most of the Democrats in the Senate oppose Alito's nomination. Do you think they would be justified or not justified in using Senate procedures, such as the filibuster, to prevent an up-or-down vote on his nomination?" That question showed us that 53 percent of Americans either flat-out...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger yes you're right your driveway is more important than the streets You've perfectly encapsulated an entire political and moral philosophy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire In general, I advocate for universal coverage here, all the time. But you just said that everyone with health care DIES. Why are you trying to kill America????