or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Wayne Allen Root is watching you eat your Cheerios.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Au contraire. I have no problem with the conservation of whales. I DO have a problem with terrorism and xenophobia masquerading as conservation. The Japanese are using a legal loophole to hunt whales, yes. But using legal loopholes is not illegal. It may be unethical, but when you start down the road of calling for people's deaths and supporting hostle and illegal acts against people who you essentially have an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Ignorant trolling. The modern day Japanese whaling industry was kickstarted at the end of the war by the American Govt. in response to food shortages. Whale being an easily stockpiled protein. At the time, America was happily hunting whales to the brink of extinction itself. Not only did the war have nothing to do with whaling, much of the current modern day attitude towards it is in place because of America...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I have two things to say here, that I've said before. A: The seemingly sole focus on Japanese whaling is, to be honest - racist. Japan is neither the only country that whales, nor do they take substantially more whale than the other whaling cultures. They ARE the only ones who put back scientific data into the community regarding whale populations, toxicity levels, feeding habits, sustainability, and ecological...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I really have no idea how someone could say that with a straight face...oh well, SF, always good for a laugh.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Hawaii and Alaska actually have some very great similarities. Maybe Palin needs to run for gov. in Hawaii? That would be retarded.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Yes. How is that a hit? If they are doing it(and the price of gold and ammunition suggest they have been), would it be responsible not to report it because it might look bad? I think the worst you can accuse this of is being a 'trend' piece lacking hard data. Edit; for fuck's sake, man, at least quote the whole paragraph next time: Quote: Originally Posted by The Grey Lady Many...
I'm not sure how Obama could stop lobbyists from EARNING money - if he wanted(which he doesn't), to curtail their influence, he might have some luck exposing their activities and increasing transparency. But he can't tell people not to hire them.
Quote: Originally Posted by redcaimen Im not surprised. The region is known for producing some world class nuts. C'mon, hoss - that was pretty funny.
What I'd be more interested in is where the money came from.