or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Arguing on teh internetz with montecristo#4? If I'm doing that @ 28 I'm going to kill myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD ... that looks good? If you never enjoyed Halo you're not GOING to enjoy Halo, IMO. If you have fond memories of late-night gaming sessions in school, drinking whisky and driving around like a maniac, doing crazy-ass bombing runs and pulling off 1-in-a-million headshots or 'nades, then you are going to get really hyped about this. Halo has, to me, the perfect blend of accessibility and skill for a shooter,...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Drop a PM to Augusto! I'm a big fan of the patriarchy, don't care about Euro-centrism, am concerned about neo-colonialism, and read Wretched of the Earth on my lunch breaks last year. I'm down for a drink with any SFers who want to meet at Drink after works.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel And look at what is going on in the EU and with the euro. Will inflation rear it's head and will the US have to pay much higher rates to creditors? It's what the signs point to but has not really happened yet. At the end of the day, in a "shit hits the fan" scenario, everyone is running here to buy US T Bills. The dollar is, and will continue to be, the world reserve currency. All this other stuff is just short term...
FUCK. YES. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel You are aware that what we are consuming, are Chinese goods. True, it's a vicious cycle.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8518438.stm Quote: The Treasury said foreign holdings of US debt dropped by $53bn, surpassing the previous record set last April. China cut its holdings by $34.2bn - meaning it is now the second-biggest US debt holder after Japan. The drop in demand may mean that the US has to pay more to borrow, just as the government has to fund a record budget deficit. In total, net purchases of long-term stocks, bonds and notes...
I have a Zune and I look forward to competition from Microsoft et. al. against the hegemony of the iPhone. That said...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/ny.../16barber.html Quote: Mr. Mancinelli has certainly had many such customers. He started cutting hair when Calvin Coolidge was in the White House. He was 12. The people at the Guinness Book of World Records who concern themselves with such things have proclaimed Mr. Mancinelli, who turns 99 on March 2, the world’s oldest barber. “When I started, a haircut and shave cost you two bits — a quarter,” Mr. Mancinelli told Mr....
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Is Root a real person? If so, he's in for a shit storm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Allyn_Root Wayne Allen Root plays Operation for real.