or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar foot slipped off of the tiny clutch apparently. It blasted forward and into the SUV. Not a great situation, the car was not in any type of shape after. note: don't wear boots and drive a Lotus. I'm amazed by the number of young guys I've met who bought fast cars with manual and didn't really know how to drive stick. It's like a quarter-life crisis thing. Granted, anyone can slip the clutch, I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 I have cars. Mid-level SUVs are minivan replacements for insecure family men in suburbs.
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar it was the college aged driver of the lotus that rear ended the SUV that was waiting for a light to change. More of a reason to not let young kids have fast cars. Oh. I stand corrected. I can see how that would happen, that thing probably jumps off the line a lot faster than a truck. Kid probably had no idea how it would accelerate.
Quote: Originally Posted by breakz I've got my fingers crossed for a PS3 "Mass Effect Collection" release some time in the future. Probably not. Was the first one really that good? Never, ever, ever going to happen IMO. But FF XIII is on 360 - anything could happen. I see Metal Gear on the Xbox before Mass Effect on the PS3, though. ME1 was great on the main story but had some of the most tedious sidequests ever. Apparently ME2 has fixed...
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar great argument except for that whole dismal trunk space, two people only, modest sized people only, best when on dry pavement, snow is not an option, good luck with a car seat, only fun when not in traffic, not comfortable for long rides, is made of plastic, and heavy fines for going significantly faster than 65 mph part of the conversation. It's possible to avoid all of those things and not own a freaking...
I really wonder what kind of person sits down and says, Hm I need a new car. You know what I'm going to buy? A Lincoln. I mean, WTF?
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan They generally have terrible taste. The rings are mostly vomit-inducing. A novel insight. I'm glad someone has it all figured out. Don't you find it the slightest bit interesting/odd/frustrating that this industry has managed to convince a wide swath of the population to invest large amounts of money in a (relatively) common commodity and spend long hours researching, haggling, and obsessing over it,...
Fucking hell. The De Beers marketing people are gods among men.
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T I think the OP is bitching about mp3 player use in public more than iPod-specific whining, but FWIW, as a non-audiophile, I'm pretty happy with the MP3 player on my Nokia XpressMusic phone. It could be a little louder, but the audio quality is good. I have an 8 gig card in it, so it has the same capacity as both my iPhone and my Nano had. I hated the iPhone and traded it with my best friend for a Nano, which is pretty much...