or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Sorry but you're, what, a year out of college? First of all, you haven't traveled through life, you're barely through security at the departing airport; second, I really doubt you've spent any meaningful time with anyone that could be compared to Gekko's character in that movie. You would be surprised...maybe not Gordon Gekko, but sort of Gordon Gekko lite. I'm not trying to seem cool or important, I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Which one? WG is closer to the reality of my job than WS Both, really. Open to interpretation. Having now met some Gordon Gekko types as i travel through life, the movie was either much too generous to that kind of persons' personality and intellect, OR I still haven't met the real big-timers.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Am I the only one who thought the first one was pretty bad already? I think I preferred Working Girl... Hit too close to home?
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Labelking? Bruce Lee = the fucking man.
Was seriously quality. The plot twists...twisted, and were surprising. The acting was universally great, especially Waits and Ledger(and Depp, briefly). Even Colin Farrell wasn't his usual smugly awful self...beyond what the plot demanded! Really enjoyed it. Hope the La Mancha remake comes through for Gilliam this time.
I got Forza 3 setup with the Microsoft racing wheel and holy shit. What a sick game. You feel genuine adrenaline rushes as you approach the apex at speed, drifting is a physical effort to keep the car on the road, and everything just feels so damn fast. If you put in a car you know, it really feels pretty genuine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Davidko19 Fun with Spoonerisms!!! Here is one that happens to me more often than it should... "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it" + "Don't go burning bridges" == "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it" Any other unitentional gaffs or spoonerisms? I have always said that one on purpose, actually.
Quote: Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón Someone bought a new Nokia phone: "Look, my new phone. Nice eh?" Someone bought a new Sony Ericsson: "Look, my new phone. Nice eh?" Someone bought a new HTC: "Look, my new phone. Nice eh?" Someone bought a new iPhone: "OMG, my new iPhone... it has all these apps... and look, it can surf teh interwebz... and omg... blabla" The Apple fanboys are so fucking passionate that they annoy the crap out of me. I'm a...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn celery, it's not just Apple fans, but computer geeks in general are rather passionate. Microsoft and Linux both have their fanboys too. Maybe in the world of the Xbox. I can't think of a single die-hard Windows fanatic. I mean, I don't like the Apple OS because I feel like I am being patronized when I use it, but if something else came out that ran better than windows and handled all my utilities, programs...
Quote: Originally Posted by clevertrees I can tell you that people like myself spend long hours researching things like diamonds so we can learn as much as we can about what we are buying and shop around to see what is appealing that fits in our budgets. Not doing any research is like buying a new computer without ever having used one before, or buying a car without a test-drive or knowing anything about it. And, while some of the differences in the...