or Connect

Posts by Augusto86

Does anyone think the mullahs would nuke a potential revolution? That's the scary thought to me; 1979 repeats itself with the "Green Revolution" and Khamenei, seeing no way out, just martyrs the country.
once again, nvm
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW I appreciate Winston's honesty. I think there are a dozen poasters here who more or less agree with Winston's views, but couch them in more moderate and socially acceptable sounding rhetoric. Winston is also seems fairly intelligent. While I am diametrically opposed to most of what he says, I have never even considered putting him on ignore. Open latrines are honest. Doesn't mean I want to stick my head...
Quote: Originally Posted by eg1 Well, I am in Canuck-ville, where the mutual fund fees are particularly egregious. Perhaps they are less so in Amerika. From what I can tell they are pretty bad here too. I <3 ETFs.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 whoa - what a poseur. This is exactly how you come across (maybe not all that facial hair just yet) To be fair, that is how 99/100 'netizens' come across. But maybe you should go back to your marketing department and stop talking about finance, a subject you clearly know nothing about.
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW Heheheh, I knew someone would take the bait. Seriously, winston is so amazingly, incredibly racist I can't figure out how he's lasted this long. Maybe he's just a bored mod's alt.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Financing can create a lot of value. So can giving good advice (perhaps more valuable than financing.) Trading, not so much other than to decrease inefficiency. Ok, but as I understand it both of these things would fall under the umbrella of allocation. Take your money(or someone else's), identify an entity that would create value with that money, and give them access to the resources they need to grow and...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Trading is not a zero sum game, it's a negative sum game because you have to factor fees in there. After the last year, if that's how you understand Goldman Sachs, I have to say I don't understand them at all then. It doesn't seem like Goldman has done anything you stated here. I'm talking theoretically.
Using a lot of simplifications here, but stemming from the Nelson Mandela thread which is getting off track: Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 Actually, isn't trading a zero-sum game by definition? Any money you make is because someone else LOST a bet. If I earn $100 by buying 10 shares at $50 and selling them $60, then that's $100 not earned by the original holders of that asset. The only value created by people like Millken is in increasing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire You're fixating on the wrong thing and also trying to twist my examples to fit your already determined conclusion. You are also ignoring parts that you can't twist. Milken created, or help create, a whole new means of capitalization. Your world view is blocking you from understanding. It's not a zero sum game, Buddy. Goddamnit man, I am not trying to make a moral point or anything here with the comment...