or Connect

Posts by Afinepairofshoes

Hi, we have two different Herricks on our site, somewhat confusing. There is a Handgrade version on the chiselled two 53E last and a Exclusive version built on the 109F last. The 109 F is quite generous in the mid-foot area for room with a mid to high instep, so actually this should fit you well.
They are true to UK sizing, with the width quite fitted. They are a great loafer and hopefully should be a good fit.Another loafer made on an E fitting is the Maron loafer, but we only have midrange sizes, here is a link for you http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-limited-edition-7055
Thanks DpprDr
That's it for now, unfortunately.
We have a few nice reductions at the moment http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/sale-price-desc, plus you can use your AFPOS10 code!
The 48 last is a beautifully balanced last with a good length to it, similar to 348 C&J. Of course, you are always more than welcome to email us your length and width in cm to info@afinepairofshoes.co.uk for further guidance on size.
For the free of charge pair, only Ice white. The promotion is really to get customers to try them out, like a sample, and see the benefits of the product. AFPOS and Covys are covering the cost of the free pairs for you. The great thing about them is you instantly have a pair of waterproof shoes with you if the skies open and you have your best leather soles shoes on.
Thanks razl, much appreciated.Actually most of the patina artists seem to use Saphir Teinture Francaise. The stripper is called DecapantCorrect, no 4 Brown Teinture Francaise (2 coats, let 1st dry for 1hr before 2nd). After the shoes have dried, apply cream to feed and seal properly. Polish as normal.Worth noting, if you have a light lining leather, carefully mask this off with masking tape so you don't get dye on it. The end colour will depend on how dark the original...
I have been working on a pair of AS Callaghan for myself, and thought I would share my progress. Before And after.. I am really pleased with the outcome, using all our products from Saphir. Decapant to strip the leather first, then 04 Brown and the 37 Medium Brown Pommadier cream to nourish and seal.
Thanks laufer, we are hoping there will be some new additions later this year.