or Connect

Posts by Mark from Plano

Glad you like that Walther. I've always coveted a PPK. My dad had one and years ago when I had no money I bought a Hungarian PPK knock-off. Had it until recently when I traded it in on a Ruger LCP. Recently my dad became too infirmed to safely handle firearms so my mother asked me to take his guns, so I have his PPK now...and I hate it. LOL. Thing is a beating to shoot. I'd like to shoot a Walther 9mm. My next purchase(s) are likely to be a suppressor and a 9mm host...
Just found this thread. Hoping to pick up a few tips. Subbed.
Couple of recent acquisitions: EOTech HHS III--Absolutely awesome optical system. Very happy with it. Was able to get it zeroed very easily and able to co-witness with my backup iron sights. Love. Got a great deal on it at the Dallas Safari Club Expo over the weekend. My first time attending. A post for another time. Amazing and a bit overwhelming. Liberty Lincoln Series 25--I have a small collection. Had a small wall safe back when I was married that I kept the...
Regency in polo suede. Picked up recently during the sale and worn half a dozen times already.
Kimber Eclipse Pro II. Commander-Style 1911 with Crimson Trace laser grips. Got it this week from my Father who bought it several years ago and never fired it. Took it to the range this morning and put 100 rounds through it. I like the pistol and it would be a more convenient carry weapon than my full-sized 1911.
Speaking of deer rifles... In 1966 my dad somehow knew of a gunsmith in Little Rock that he commissioned to make two matching custom rifles. One was in 300 Win Mag for himself and one in 243 Win for his father (my grandfather). Dad's 300 was stolen back in the early '80s, but my Papaw was very proud of his gun and carried it on every hunting trip for the remainder of his life. Dad got it back when his father passed in the mid '80s. A couple of years ago he gave it to...
I grew up doing a lot of deer hunting in the very brushy Ouchita Mountains of SE Oklahoma. When I was 17 (1978) Dad took me down to buy a Marlin model 1894 .44 magnum deer rifle figuring it would be a great brush gun (it was/is). We walked out with both the Marlin and the Ruger thinking it would be good to have both the rifle and the sidearm in the same caliber. That was my deer rig for the next 30 odd years that I hunted deer. Still have both guns. Haven't fired that...
Totally agree. I really don't mind shooting it as much as apparently some do. I wanted something that would fit into my bicycle handlebar bag when I go riding and it works great for that. No real complaints with it in context of what it's meant for. Recently joined a gun club so I've been shooting more. The one I have that's REALLY not fun to shoot is this Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. Bought this one new back in the late '70s. That is, it gets rather...
A couple of recent purchases: Had an old Hungarian PPK copy that I traded for a new Ruger LCP at a gun show last month. Playing around with some laser sights and grip extensions to help with comfort and accuracy a bit. Not really sure it helped. Springfield Armory TRP 1911. Just awesome:
Sorry no. No experience with the other two brands.