or Connect

Posts by Mark from Plano

I don't recall the conversation, but the answer is probably and sort of. I love this maker and buy a lot of it and basically recommend it a lot. It really punches above its weight IMO.What we probably talked about though was either the sec or Demi-sec bottlings, which are just killer foods wines most years even in the standard bottlings (~$35). What you have here is their premier tre bottling in a Moelleux, which is their high residual sugar dessert wine. Also very...
Gomey, how did you like the Huet?
Handicap is designed to get the average of your 'good' rounds. For each round it calculates a 'differential' from the adjusted course rating. So you take your score minus the course rating and then adjust it for the slope by taking the differential and dividing it by the course slope and then multiplying it by 113 (average slope supposedly). Once you have your differentials you take the best 10 out of your last 20 rounds and average those differentials. You then...
I used to be a cotton-only guy...and still am for most things...but for summer golf in Texas I've gone over to the dark side.
Ditto
Wow! Huge news.
BYOB dinner on Friday. Took a 2008 Sea Smoke Ten (good, but way too young). Also took a 2005 Huet Clos du Bourg Demi-sec and a half bottle of a 2005 Huet Clos du Bourg Molleaux Premier Tre (from a half bottle). Interesting tasting two different wines from the same grape/maker/vineyard/vintage expressed so differently. Brought the demi-sec to have with the fish and gumbo dishes. It was awesome. One of my favorites. 1er Tre was for dessert (bread pudding). Tasted them...
Actually, it's because the opposite is true that I carry so many. Depending on conditions, because I carry so many wedges I can use something approaching a full swing all the way from 120 down to 70-75 yards. It's only inside 75 yards that I have too worry a lot about varying my swing. I've tried leaving the gap wedge at home and sure enough I wind up in a situation where I have to start figuring out how much to take off my pitching wedge for that 105 yard shot.Between...
Played in a little flighted tournament on Sunday. Played just awful on the front (after a bird on the first), but much better on the back. Scraped in 1 bird on the front and 2 on the back and missed a little 4 footer for another. Wound up 3rd in my flight (no idea how) and had a closest to the pin and one of my birdies wound up winning me a skin. Given how awful my front side was that wasn't a bad result. One of the guys in my group was a pretty nice guy, but had an...
Absolutely! Didn't know that was on the table. Even if you're just here for a visit and can squeeze in a round, let me know.FYI, 235-255 is basically my driver. I've had a 15 degree hybrid for a while now. It's about 185-195 for me. Right now I'm carrying 15 clubs (2 fairway woods and 4 wedges). Been trying to decide which to leave at home. About to decide that I'm best leaving the 4 iron at the house.