or Connect

Posts by Mark from Plano

Yeah, my knowledge of Houston golf is pretty dated. I lived there about 20 years ago and haven't played there much since. On the north side I used to play at the Cypresswood complex a fair amount. It's up in the Eastern Pine forests and is fairly tight (2 or 3 courses as I recall). If you live south though, it's quite a haul up there. If you get to Austin try the Barton Creek courses (you probably have to stay at the resort). Pricey, but worth it. The two Fazio courses...
What part of Texas? I can give you the names of a few that will give you all the hilly and tight you want.
Most of the time I just play from whatever tees the rest of the group wants to play from. My regular Sunday group includes a guy about my age who is about a 5 and his father who is 86 years old and used to be scratch (isn't anymore, obviously). Generally my buddy and I play from the 2nd tees and his Dad plays from the forward "senior" tees.
Just got back from playing with a buddy in the member/guest at Oak Tree National in Edmond, OK. Pete Dye at his most diabolical. We were in the 1st flight (not Championship) and were therefore playing from the middle tees (3rd from the back). Par is 71, but the middle tees rank out at 73.1 and a 144 slope (back tees are 79.3 and 155 slope--yikes). Guys in the Championship flight were playing from the 2nd set of tees which ranks out at 76.5 and 153 slope. Greens are...
Its booked up, but we're still working on it. May try to get into the daily lottery on one of our open days.
Plans for fall trip to Scotland are coming along: Sat Sept 20th- Sun 21st: fly to Edinburgh, drive to St Andrews. Friend from Aberdeen has a flat there he's letting us use for the week Mon 22nd: Tee time set at Kingsbarns Tues 23rd: Tee time set at Ladybank Wed 24th-Thurs 25th: plans still in flux. Option #1-Have one local contact working on a Guillane stretch that includes Muirfield, North Berwick and Renaissance. If he can't come through we've been offered a...
I still have 4 more bottles, but in Texas summer lasts a bit longer.
To further our prior discussion on sizing let me add the following points: By way of background, I am a US 11.5D sizing in nearly every shoe I've tried except certain athletic shoes. I take a a 10.5E (UK) in John Lobbs. My first G&G purchase was a pair of Oakhams in an MH71 last. These were ordered in June in a 10.5E and fit very nicely. No real issues at all. In the last sale I purchased 2 new pair, both in a 10.5E. One was a Hove on the DG70 last and the other was...
Traded bottles of wine with someone recently and got this in return. Hadn't tried it before. Really nice.