or Connect

Posts by Mark from Plano

Late to the Silver Oak discussion. Used to love it. Then didn't. Had a few bottles of the 2004 & 2005 Sonoma I thought were pretty good. Price differences aside I have always actually preferred their Sonoma over their Napa bottlings, so paying almost double for the Napa was out of the question. Visited their Sonoma winery last year. Tasted all of their current releases and a couple of libraries. Wasn't impressed. I really want them to be good because it was a Silver...
Reds: Dolin or Cocchi (Torino) for either mixing in cocktails or sipping over ice. Whites: Dolin, Noily Pratt or Lillet. Mainly for making martinis. Used to use Vya but lost the taste for it. Plus, I prefer the aesthetics of a crystal clear martini and Vya martinis looked dirty to me.
Nice mention on the front page of the WSJ's Personal Journal section today.
Just looked back, we were both wrong. They were Westminsters on the TG73 last. Not that it matters. It's still a good story.
Was at the alterations tailor several days ago to pick up a tux shirt I was having taken in. Guy (customer) compliments my shoes and asks what they are. No one in Dallas has ever heard of G&G since no retailers here stock them. But I tell him that they're made in England by G&G and he says, "I thought so. Are they the St. James on the MH-71 last?" Me: "um...as a matter of fact, I think they might be." I didn't recall exactly since I bought them a few years ago and...
Christmas this year was a Margaux decennial. 2005 Chateau D'Issan 2005 Chateau Lascombes Oven roasted beef tenderloin, brussel sprouts tossed in blackstrap molasses and balsamic glaze, slow roasted tomatoes and wild mushroom risotto. Wine was really good. Tannins are softening. D'Issan got a 2 hour decant. Lascombes was bottle decanted.
Was invited over to friends for TG dinner so I brought the wine: Reds: 2 x 2009 Sea Smoke Southing 1 x 2009 Shafer Relentless Whites: 2 x 2013 Bachelet-Monnot Chassagne-Montrachet 1 x 2011 Chatagnier Condrieu Everyone seemed to gravitate toward the reds. Only the Condrieu didn't get opened. Sea Smokes are drinking great right now and were everyone's favorite I think. I'm a big fan of the Bachelet-Monnot C-M myself.
Blah. Blah. Blah. Pics or it didn't happen.
One of my favs. The 09 is probably long gone now but it was particularly great.
Ha. Well there is that.