or Connect

Posts by Mark from Plano

Was invited over to friends for TG dinner so I brought the wine: Reds: 2 x 2009 Sea Smoke Southing 1 x 2009 Shafer Relentless Whites: 2 x 2013 Bachelet-Monnot Chassagne-Montrachet 1 x 2011 Chatagnier Condrieu Everyone seemed to gravitate toward the reds. Only the Condrieu didn't get opened. Sea Smokes are drinking great right now and were everyone's favorite I think. I'm a big fan of the Bachelet-Monnot C-M myself.
Blah. Blah. Blah. Pics or it didn't happen.
One of my favs. The 09 is probably long gone now but it was particularly great.
Ha. Well there is that.
If you don't at least try the 2005 Vieux Chateau Certan I'd consider it a missed opportunity. One of my favorite right bank bords, but usually too rich for my blood. Haven't had the '05. It's probably a baby, but with 10 years on it now it should be getting into the drinkable range. I had a 1999 a couple of years ago that was just stellar. The price of them has just gotten too high for me, but I've been buying their 2nd wine (Gravette de Certan) a fair amount. It's...
Ysae on
The PGA tour is in town with the Colonial over in FW this weekend and the Nelson in Las Colinas next weekend. Probably won't make it to Colonial this week, but might try to take in a day at the Nelson next week. The Nelson is a shit show. A big party. Most of the drinking goes on in an indoor/outdoor temporary structure called "The Pavilion". Hundreds to a couple of thousand people will show up just to hang out at the Pavilion with no regard whatsoever to the golf that...
Interesting. I've never noticed any difference in taste.
I think you may be right.
On the topic of affordable dessert wines, here are a couple that I love that aren't always on people's radar. I was introduced to the Yalumba by someone on here several years ago. The Rotti is an American sherry-style dessert wine. The sommelier at Fearings in Dallas recommended it to me. He serves this as their house dessert wine.