or Connect

Posts by Crat

Feel like an old man.
I find massaging the dye into the leather with my fingers helps too.Not advisable if you have any social events (esp. first dates) in the next few days.
Those were my Connistons to be honest; I've never waded in my Galways (though I have taken them salt water fishing).Unfortunately not. I have other, more rugged boots that do but I was on a trip and needed something I could also wear in a smart casual setting. We had a Dutch Stijlforum meetup but I got told off for wearing unpolished shoes. Don't think a bellows tongue would have helped here btw.Oh well, this is the damage. Time for some obenaufs.
You've done a great job mate!
Thanks! No its a Pegasus. Best purchase ever.
This, with one small tweak.To start with dont use shoe trees but newspaper. Stuff it into the boots tightly and replace it every few hours. You will notice how quickly it absorbs the moisture from the shoes. Wooden trees hill hold on to the moisture if the boots are drenched thus keeping the boots damp. Once the boots are moderately dry then use the trees. Dry somewhere away from a heat source where there is good air circulation. Since they have leather soles I would lay...
Hm, cool thread.
I hope you aren't implying that I am intolerant of anything other than classic proportions?I am perfectly happy with members' interpretations of classic pieces which often suit today's image better than the classic original. Its just that the modern interpretation isn't classic. Fashionable iGentry is fine but should be seen separate from classic menswear. It isn't classic menswear. That was my original point. I understand the problem with naming the topic...
Timeless does not exist. Any fit older than a century or so would look like a costume from a film set or something. Some stuff just has a longer expiry date than other stuff. The more 'stylish' or 'fashionable' a fit is the shorter its lifespan. The concept that classic menswear is subject to change had previously occurred to me. Changes in style, to me, are things like going from narrow lapels to wide ones, from structured shoulders to natural ones or opting for a 3 roll...