or Connect

Posts by Crat

Nice! Trout season has ended here unfortunately but we are now doing afternoon 'casting in the park' sessions with some like minded London flyfisher(wo)men. Its a nice way to practise our casting and meet a few kindred spirits.
Turnbull and C&J are separate companies, run and owned by different people. Turnbull is owned by the al-Fayed family and C&J is run and owned by the Jones family. The connection between the two is that, although invisible from the outside, the first ever C&J shop (69 Jermyn St.) is situated in Turnbull's shop. I believe the shop was Turnbull's old bespoke department before they moved round the corner but I am not 100% sureon this. Because it is technically a shop-in-shop...
Chelsea 5 (in the roughout suede) has had a wax treatment, the Chelsea 8 is made from normal unwaxed suede.
Can you try them on? If so go with what fits best.If not go with your gut feeling.
The other day
Thanks, I meant the former. Don't like holes in my trousers after 10 wears.
Ha, that post on the old S150 is one I know well; it is a good one showing that conventional knowledge is not always true. I myself have a S150 which seems to be holding up better than mant loosely woven S120's I've had. It is a shame though, as a consumer, that there is not really a way for me to determine whether or not the fabric I am buying will wear well. What are your thoughts on Dormeuil's Tonik 2000 (Mohair mix) or Smith's...
Yesssss. But what about the fabriccs? Every iGent wanting (to post pics of his) super light-weight, super soft spalla camicias is all fine and dandy but I'm just looking for a suit (fabric) that will last me ages and not blow out at the fork after ten wears. Been looking around but can't seem to find a guide on weave types and their respective durabilities. Maybe its not as much down to the weave as it is to the mill? I dunno. Fwiw I have found my winter-weight mohair mix...
A shame this thread is so old. I'd be curious to hear if there are big differences in durability between say, nailhead, sharkskin, birdseye, herringbone, etc. I don't believe S-number and fabric weight are the only factors that contribute to a cloth's durability. Tightness of the weave and type of weave may also be factors. Is there anyone who knows more about this and is willing to share?