or Connect

Posts by kxk

while i hate dells, i've been using them since 2001 since both college and grad school had dell support on campus. and while dell does suck, i've always been a fan of their support, in person at least (i know, of course, that the support personnel at these places are students). don't know if other manufacturers' plans cover as much or as well, but i've definitely gotten much more than my money's worth, it seems. and when in school, getting fast, direct, personal service is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum For most people shoes that are too large will be far from comfortable. Probably. But I'd rather be sliding around and slipping out instead of having shoes that are too narrow, both in width and height. Cursed feet, I have. I guess I've never known what it's like to have shoes that really fit. The only solution is to make enough money to get quality bespoke shoes?
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR good lord, this post reads like a horror novel. kvx, do your shoes wear wear down pretty fast? I ask because ill-fitted shoes will deteriorate faster. what shoe brands are you wearing? Haven't noticed any fast weardown--but then again, I've never had anyone's feet but my own, and I don't really pay attention to the lifespan of friends' shoes. Because of flat feet though, I do have some issues with pronation...
By length, i should be a 10 (maybe even a 9.5), but I got pretty wide feet. Sometimes, I'm lucky enough to find wide shoes, but usually, I just make do with 10.5s and 11s. The problem, of course, is that while the feet are very wide up front, they're normal-sized near the heels, so I'm always slipping out of my shoes. And this has been going on for so long that it's actually become "comfortable" for me. Also doesn't help that I got flat feet and usually need...
Depends on where you're going to school, but having spent 7 years in non-urban schools, I'd say whatever brand that has on-site service on campus. Quote: Originally Posted by Bentech Again, I sell thinkpads (among other things) so let me know if you have any other questions. Would you say that Thinkpads are THE superior choice of laptops? Or just compared to price? (and if so, what is THE superior choice?) What's your take on Ideapad? VAIOs?
If through an academic path, major in math/applied math/economics and try to get internships with teams that employ a lot of quantitative analysis. I've known a couple MIT kids who've worked for major sports teams. You can also do marketing and things like that, work for the business operation side, and try to transfer over. Another way would be to go to a top law school and work for firms that do a lot of work with sports leagues and sports teams (Proskauer Rose and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat I did this right after college and your figures are bullshit. i did this right after college and i can assure you it is not. with a over-simplified 1000won:1USD exchange rate, the going rate for SAT tutoring was around $35-50/hr if you were teaching a class at a decent hagwon (academy/cram school). for a tutoring or "group tutoring" session (2:1, 3:1), you could get between $50-100/hr. if you had the...
Moving soon, and would like to thin the herd, so help me out! I haven't kept the boxes to any of them, and some don't have caps. Photos are attached. All prices include shipping CONUS. Paypal, please. Terre d'Hermes: EDT, 3.3 oz, 99+% full, $60 shipped A*Men: EDT Refill, 3.4 oz, 90% full, asking $50 shipped B*Men: 1.7 Oz, 75% full, asking $20 shipped Bvlgari Pour Homme: 3.4 oz, 2/3 full, asking $30 shipped Burberry Touch: 1.7 oz, 75% full, asking $20...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington If said person graduated from a prestigious university, why the hell would he/she be TESLing? in my case, i was between college and grad school. i think that was the case for a few other folks. especially understandable if we're talking about law schools, which pays little attention to "relevant experiences". some of my coworkers have been the artsy types--writers, designers, etc. only a small...
Also, if the said person graduated from a "prestigious" university, he could make a lot more (under the table, on the side, etc) by teaching SSAT/SAT/GRE/GMAT and revising admissions essays. $10k/month during the summer is not unheard of.