or Connect

Posts by koalb

Best place to browse for Alden online? Want to take a look at their full range before I start visiting stores. Does any site represent the (almost) full range? And please don't tell me Alden.com. Their site is as terrible as their shoes are good.
Want to take a look at their full range before I start visiting stores. Does any site represent the (almost) full range? And please don't tell me Alden.com. Their site is as terrible as their shoes are good.
Quote: Originally Posted by bananananana Both the tannery and barneys in boston carry aldens. How does the amount of selection compare to the Shoe Mart and places in NYC?
I've got a friend in Boston who's getting married in June. He's wanting to buy his first pair of Alden shoes - probably long wings. If he's already decided to pull the trigger on a pair, where could he go to get fitted and pick up on the same day? He doesn't have a lot of time to wait. Plus, he's willing to drive. Looking for stores that would have decent selection and size inventory on hand. Shoe Mart in CT? Places down in NYC? thanks!
You're seriously asking for help with how to sleep? ;-)
Hi All, Need some help. Just picked up my first pair of Aldens yesterday. 403s. Absolutely love em. The old man at the shop laced em up for me nice and tight when I tried them on. But I just can't get the same nice feel on my own. It's really hard to 'keep tension on the line' and snug up the laces at the same time. Any tricks?
I'm in the hunt for my first pair of Alden Indys. They're a special gift to myself after a recent promotion at work. Had a few questions for seasoned wearers. > I'm leaning towards the 403. Love the color. What's the neoprene and cork sole really like during daily use? Enjoyable or uncomfortable? It seems like an antiquated sole design - yet is part of the Indy boot heritage, I understand. I can imagine its limitations in ice and snow, but what about the rest of the...