or Connect

Posts by thirdman

A couple of quick questions: First, have you ever stocked Alden plain toe bluchers in #8? You have them in black but I can't remember seeing them in any other colours. If so, do you plan on ordering more at any point? Second, I think you said earlier that you weren't going to be getting any Southwick topcoats this year, besides the tweed. Would you consider offering a basic wool, say a charcoal or navy, just for special orders? I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find a...
The MTO suit program sounds great. Out of curiosity, will it include anything besides wool fabrics? A few linens and cottons would be cool! Also, you were nice enough to show me a prototype tweed jacket when I was in the shop a while ago. Do you have any idea when they'll be ready? It looked fantastic and would be perfect for fall... Thanks!
Thanks for the advice on the belt. I think I will wait for a restock. The tweed topcoat sounds great. What color/s will it be available in? Thanks!
I feel as though you mentioned getting a restock of the brown belts, but I can't seem to find the post. Is that right? Either way, would a 33" waist be too small for a size 36 belt? The page says 34 would be best but, since there's a 36 in stock still, I'm wondering how big a difference that 1" would make? Thanks! PS For anyone on the fence I got a pair of the blue marl flannel last year and can vouch for their fantasticness. Hard to imagine a better fall pant.
I have a light grey flannel suit from Thick as Thieves (http://thickasthievesla.com) that I'd like to sell. Details: -Two buttons, notch lapel -Two flap pockets plus ticket pocket -Three cuff buttons (real buttonholes so there isn't a ton of room for alterations to the arm length) -Dual vent -The fabric is difficult to describe: 'hard' compared to other flannels I've felt (i.e. not as fluffy and soft), and fairly light in colour, but definitely still a flannel. I've...
I have a barely-worn Wings and Horns mackintosh from SS2011 that I'd like to sell. It's black, size large, and has no damage/wear that I can see (in fact, the material is so heavy that it's just beginning to soften up after being worn half-a-dozen times). It has the following measurements: P2P: 22.5in Sleeve (from top of shoulder): 26.5in Back: 18in I paid well over $600 in the spring, and I was hoping to get $300 shipped and PayPaled for it (I could also take an...
I got an email about a Seize Sur Vingt sample sale starting this weekend. Here are the details: Dates:    Starts this Saturday the 30th at 11a.m. Place:    ONLY at our downtown store, 78 Greene Street, between Spring and Broome Representative prices: Jackets: $150-400 (values up to $2,500) Suits: $200-800 (values up to $3,500) Shirts: $60-90 (originally $180 to $400) Cashmere Sweaters: $80-120 (originally $240 to $475) Shetland Sweaters:  $60-80 (originally $160 to...
Out of curiosity, do you know when the new chinos/cargo pants will be arriving? I'm in NY for a few days and was hoping to pick some up in person. Thanks!
I just got the W+H Mac in the mail. I like it a lot, but, as other people have said, it's quite a heavy canvas and feels a bit boxy and stiff on the first few wears. For anybody else who bought the Mac: does it soften up much with wear? Thanks! PS If anyone else is looking at them: I'm 6'3" 175 and a large seems to fit quite well.
When you say the same inseam, do you mean 35in or 36in? Please say 36in! I thought I'd read that the 35in ones were a mistake so I was eagerly waiting for a new batch, but I might've misunderstood? I've been wearing my 2 pairs of 36in Smiths to death, they've been great. But, for me at least, 36in is as short as I can go. In any case, still looking forward to the new chinos and madras!