or Connect

Posts by thirdman

Great store! I was able to stop by recently and pick up a pair of Carminas. The person who dealt with me was very helpful and friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in helping me find a pair of shoes that fit well, besides just looking good. I highly recommend a visit if you're in Toronto.
The MTO jackets look great! Two quick questions: I think you've mentioned in the past that the in between sizes scale every measurement up or down, but I thought I'd double check about the length. I think a 40 is 1" longer than a 38", so a 39" would be .5" longer than a 38"? Also, the fit is close to perfect on me except the shoulders. I need a bit of shoulder slope, especially for a jacket with so little padding (and I haven't tried one in the Napoli cut, which I...
Is there any chance the "wheat corduroy" would be close enough to the chocolate cords from the most recent factory finds trousers that they could be worn together? I wouldn't expect them to, but they do look very similar on screen... Thanks!
+1 A suit in something like the grey or navy linen you offered in Walts last year would be fantastic. They were my favourite summer pants, and an unlined jacket would make them hard to beat.Also, if you're thinking of doing more of the Napoli in duck canvas, please think about using the moss fabric. I've found that colour to be really versatile and easy to wear in the chinos, but it would still be a bit different.
Are you still expecting a restock of these cmx Steinbeck boots?Also, any hints about the new Southwick stuff? Thanks!
You might already know this, but if you try to add more units of an item to your basket than are available it will tell you how many are left. So, just add 10 of whatever you're interested in and when it warns you there aren't that many available you'll be able to see exactly how many there are. This might not always account for in-store sales, etc. but it's good if you just want to know if there are only one or two of something left in your size.
When do you expect a restock of the chromexel Steinbeck boots? (Sorry, I think you mentioned this earlier but I can't find it now.) Thanks!
That's generally true, but I found that my linen Walts stretched a little, more than any cotton or wool Walts have, so that they went from feeling a bit tight to perfect after a couple of wears. Might be worth a try before having them altered.
When do you expect the Southwick Overcoat Sportcoat to come in? Also, are you planning on doing any other styles of the Wakefield topcoat (or any other topcoats) this year? Thanks! For anyone considering the Olive Windowpane tweed I just got it last week and highly recommend it. Got a ton of compliments the first time I wore it, and I think the olive will make it really easy to wear.
Equus Leather makes great belts. They have one colour, Russet, that is similar: http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index.php/Leather-Colours.html. You can choose the width and buckle style, and I think they have a matte buckle style too. Even better, there's a SF discount, and they're great to deal with. Have a look at their thread on MC.