or Connect

Posts by thirdman

Thanks again for the recommendation. I looked at both books and found a few fabrics in CL that I prefer to those I'd seen in CW. The extra weight doesn't hurt, plus I was told it'd be about 10% cheaper for a jacket. Perfect.
Thanks for the response. I'll ask if they have the City of London book as well.
Is anyone familiar with Holland and Sherry's Classic Worsteds? They're all 13oz and pure wool, I believe, and meant to be workhorse fabrics. I was thinking of using a solid navy in what looks like a hopsack for a blazer. Or possibly a subtle navy herringbone, but more likely the solid. Thanks!
I've heard a number of people recommend G+R oxfords, since you already offer some of their other fabrics you might want to have a look at them. In any case I'd also like to see a few more options for oxford fabric, light and heavy. Thanks!
If you can source your own fabric have you heard about these guys, http://molloyandsons.com? Some of the stuff looks really good, and nice and heavy (19oz and up I think?) plus they sell to the public. https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/with/6791986137/
I'm also curious about this. They seem to be a similar shape so it might be a useful comparison...Thanks!
Out of curiosity, have all the FF Southwick jackets been shipped out? (I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.) Thanks!
Thanks, I should've read it more carefully...
Is the 19th the actual last day the SM store will be open? I just booked a ticket to LA for the 26th, of course
I have sloping shoulders myself and have found that getting a rough idea of how much a shirt or jacket needs to be adjusted is as simple as...raising my shoulders a bit. If the diagonal creases disappear as they go up then you know that's part of the issue, and can get an idea of how much slope needs to be added to the pattern by estimating how much you have to raise them to get the look you want. Otherwise the fit looks great!